This natural world heritage site, and Natural New 7 Wonder of the World, is a haven of magnificent mountains plunging into crystal seas fringed with bleached white sands of the Cape Peninsula.
Fall asleep under a myriad stars and awake to the healing sounds of nature. Our picturesque and comfortable tented camps, situated in unrivalled natural surroundings offer the ideal getaway. View the Orange Kloof Tented Camp information...
Boulders Penguin Colony in Simons Town is home to a unique and endangered land-based colony of African Penguins. This colony is one of only a few in the world, and the site has become famous and a popular international tourist destination.
Where To Stay
Golden Kudu - Luxury LodgesView All Luxury Lodges
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Credit card machine offline
Please note that the credit card machine in the Tokai Wildcard offices are offline. Only cash payments can be accepted. TMNP sincerely apologises for the inconvenience.
Perdekloof & Wildeschutsbrandt Picnic Sites
Perdekloof and Wildeschutsbrandt picnic sites are currently closed due to work on the overhead power cables. Both sites will be open for the Easter Weekend.
Boulders Penguin Colony upgrade
Construction will commence shortly at the Boulders Penguin Colony in Simonstown, Cape Town as the location undergoes an upgrade. Construction is scheduled to span over the next 8 months and work will be completed in three phases to accommodate visitors wishing to enter the park. Access to visitors will be uninterrupted and the operational hours of the park will remain unchanged. It is however important to note the Boulders Info Centre will be closed during the construction period. Boulders telephone numbers will remain the same and should remain operational over the period.
TMNP Management thanks the public in advance for their patience and cooperation.
- Upper Tokai has reopened for cycling and horse riding on certain tracks on the weekends only : Saturday and Sunday 7am to 6pm
- Parking in the Tokai Picnic site
- Activity permit accepted or day fee applies: R75.00
- Please have cash on hand for a day permit.
Cape Town experiencing water restrictions
Cape Town is experiencing water restrictions and we ask that all visitors to the park use water sparingly. Please ensure that after you have used any tap that is properly closed. We appreciate your assistance with our drive to save water.
Revised EMP for Mountain Biking and Road Cycling in TMNP
To whom it may concern,
Following an extensive review process, SANParks and the Table Mountain Mountain Biking Forum, together with SANBI, are hereby pleased to release the revised, approved Environmental Management Programme(EMP) for Recreational Road Cycling and Mountain Biking: Table Mountain National Park (TMNP), which becomes effective on 1 December 2016.
Please find attached the EMP report and the Comments and Responses Report for the Review of Environmental Management Programme (EMP) for Mountain Biking: Table Mountain National Park.Mountain Biking Environmental Management Plan
The Park thanks you for your participation and input into this process.
Gate upgrade at Cape Point
The road at the gate is being redesigned to accommodate the upgrade of the gate. This is causing slightly longer delays on arrival at peak times. Please be patient as we process people through the gate as quickly as possible.
If you are entering on a wild card please have it ready to present on arrival or your confirmation letter. If you don’t have a current confirmation letter please call 021 7127471 and ask them to email you a copy.
If you are a tour guide please ensure your tour guide card is available to check and is valid.
Buses at Cape Point
Large buses need to exercise caution when using the bus lane at Cape Point Main Gate as we are in the process of adding an additional lane to the gate. Although there are barrier fences up and warning and directional signage in place, the lane is narrower than usual due to the upgrade. In addition there are workers and delivery vehicles on site so we ask that drivers be extra cautious when approaching the facility.
Trail closures in TMNP due to fires
Swartkopberg Trail is under repair and currently closed.
The Chapmans Peak footpath (on the Noordhoek side) is closed indefinitely.
Hikers and Recreational Users Advisory: Fire-affected Areas in Simon's Town
The fire-affected areas are as follow:
- From Klawer Valley over the Swartkopberg Mountain into Simon's Town.
- North Peak, Swartkop and Simonsberg have burnt from Signal School through Blockhouse Gap to Rocklands.
- It is not recommended that Blockhouse Gap be used for hiking at this time.
- Signal School steps and Admirals Waterfall path is still open, as well as is the area from Signal School to Red Hill Road.
Filming, Events and Functions
Table Mountain National Park will close for all filming, events and functions (bar Signal Hill) on 15 December 2017 and reopen on 15 January 2018. Oudekraal remains open for function bookings.
- TMNP recommends that all activities including but not limited to walking, jogging, trail running, cycling and horse riding are to be carried out in groups of four or more.
- Stay on demarcated pathways and trails.
- Wear the correct hiking gear and shoes.
- Do not carry valuables, cash, cameras, etc.
- Cycle, hike or run during daylight hours only.
- Keep an eye on the weather and other mountain conditions.
- Inform at least one other person not participating in an activity with you of your destination and estimated arrival time.
- 25th April 2017 - Table Mountain National Park Emergency number re-routed
- 9th April 2017 - Media Release: Table Mountain National Park volunteers successfully completes year-long training programme
- 12th March 2017 - Upper Tokai update
Posted by: Kaapsedraai (15th March 2017)
Posted by: MATTHYS (20th February 2017)
Posted by: MATTHYS (11th January 2017)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Hoerikwaggo Tented Camps
Partly cloudy< br>Min: 15°C / Max: 27°C