Terms & Conditions
1. Intellectual Property Rights
The content of this website, including but not limited to all trade marks, articles, photographs, drawings, graphics, logos, images, cinematographic films, video clips, text and data related to SANParks business interest, is the intellectual property of SANParks and may not be reproduced, adapted, distributed, sold, published, stored, broadcast, modified, transmitted or recorded in any way without prior written consent from SANParks, which consent can be obtained from [email protected]. Any unauthorised reproduction, storage, sale, adaptation, distribution, publication, broadcasting, modification, transmission or recording of the content of this website or any part thereof, will constitute copyright infringement.
In the event of the authorised and/or lawful use of a reference and/or quotation from our website, our URL, www.sanparks.org, must be clearly displayed with each and every quotation or reference, as well as the following copyright notice: © SANParks 2021.
2. Disclosures in terms of section 43 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act.
2.1 The full name and legal status of the website owner is:
South African National Parks, a statutory institution in terms of the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act no 57 of 2003
2.2 The full address of the website owner is detailed hereunder:
Telephone number: +27 (0)12 426 5000
2.3 The website address of this website is: www.sanparks.org.
Email address: [email protected]
2.4 Physical address for receipt of legal service:
643 Leyds Street, Muckleneuk, Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
2.5 Main business:
Nature conservation and related activities.
2.6 A full price list is contained on this website setting out accommodation, rates, taxes and other fees and costs;
2.7 Payment is accepted in the form of direct transfers, cash or credit card;
2.8 Services will be rendered once booking dates have been determined and confirmed by way of payment.
3. Booking form contained on website
3.1 The online booking form does not constitute an agreement between SANParks and a user, but constitutes an offer which may or may not be accepted by SANParks.
3.2 SANParks reserves the right to decline or execute a booking at its absolute discretion, without the necessity to provide any reasons. SANParks also reserves the right to cancel bookings at its sole discretion.
4. Policy on cinematographic or photographic material
In terms of Regulation 20(1)(a) of the regulations under the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, nobody may in a national park undertake “the filming and simultaneous transmitting of photographic images by the use of a webcam or other image recording or transmitting device”, unless a filming permit has been obtained.
In terms of Regualtion 20(1)(h), the making of a cinematographic film or the taking of photographs in a national park for a commercial purpose – either directly or indirectly – is unlawful unless a filming permit has been obtained. The procedure for obtaining a filming permit is contained in the SANParks Filming Policy, which can be viewed on our website at www.sanparks.org. Special filming privileges are also subject to the policy.
The use of any of the cinematographic film or photographs contained on this website, or any cinematographic film or photographs obtained from any National Park, without the necessary permit, is unlawful.
5. Disclaimer and Site submission rules
Users of, or visitors to, our website may not post comments, statements or other materials on our website that may be libellous, obscene, defamatory or that may infringe copyright, trade marks or any other intellectual property rights. Any such unlawful postings will immediately be removed from our site, without notice or warning.
SANParks cannot be held liable for any comments, statements or other materials posted on our website.
SANParks has taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the content on this website. However, SANParks cannot guarantee the accuracy or integrity of the information reflected on our site. SANParks shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may result from the use of our website or inability to use our site, or any information contained on our website, or services or products provided via our website. Should you wish to rely on any information contained in our website, we recommend that you contact us to verify the information.
There may be existing websites which may look similar to our website, which are operated by third parties with whom SANParks may or may not have e-commerce or other business relations (hereinafter referred to as “third party operator websites”). SANParks shall not be liable for the integrity or accuracy of information found or displayed on such third party operator websites, or the services or private practices of such third party operators, particularly insofar as the provision of information and access to any of the South African National Parks is concerned.
Our website contains various hyperlinks to third party operator websites over which we have no control. SANParks disclaims all responsibility and liability in respect of the use of any such hyperlinks, whether directly or indirectly, or the websites to which such hyperlinks point. Hyperlinks found on our website do not imply the endorsement of such links or the websites to which they point, by SANParks.
7. Agreement in terms of Section 21, 85, 86 and 87 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
7.1 No information or data on this website constitutes an offer to do business, but is merely an invitation to do business.
7.2 No agreement shall be concluded merely by sending a data message to this website or its owners. Valid agreements require an acceptance of an offer by SANParks.
7.3 No email message shall be deemed to have been received by SANParks until a response has been issued by SANParks. An automated response, from SANParks, shall not satisfy this requirement.
7.4 Section 85.
In this Chapter, unless the context indicates otherwise — “access” includes the actions of a person who, after taking note of any data, becomes aware of the fact that he or she is not authorised to access that data and still continues to access that data. Unauthorised access to, interception of or interference with data
7.5 Section 86.
(1) Subject to the Interception and Monitoring Prohibition Act, 1992 (Act No. 127 of 1992), a person who intentionally accesses or intercepts any data without authority or permission to do so, is guilty of an offence.
(2) A person who intentionally and without authority to do so, interferes with data in a way which causes such data to be modified, destroyed or otherwise rendered ineffective, is guilty of an offence.
(3) A person who unlawfully produces, sells, offers to sell, procures for use, designs, adapts for use, distributes or possesses any device, including a computer program or a component, which is designed primarily to overcome security measures for the protection of data, or performs any of those acts with regard to a password, access code or any other similar kind of data with the intent to unlawfully utilise such item to contravene this section, is guilty of an offence.
(4) A person who utilises any device or computer program mentioned in subsection (3) in order to unlawfully overcome security measures designed to protect such data or access thereto, is guilty of an offence.
(5) A person who commits any act described in this section with the intent to interfere with access to an information system so as to constitute a denial, including a partial denial, of service to legitimate users is guilty of an offence.
Computer-related extortion, fraud and forgery
7.6 Section 87.
(1) A person who performs or threatens to perform any of the acts described in section 86, for the purpose of obtaining any unlawful proprietary advantage by undertaking to cease or desist from such action, or by undertaking to restore any damage caused as a result of those actions, is guilty of an offence.
(2) A person who performs any of the acts described in section 86 for the purpose of obtaining any unlawful advantage by causing fake data to be produced with the intent that it be considered or acted upon as if it were authentic, is guilty of an offence.
A COPY OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM: https://www.gov.za/documents/electronic-communications-and-transactions-act
9.2 SANParks collects and will be in possession of the following private and personal information of users:
9.2.1 Information voluntarily provided by user. This information is gathered for booking and for service provider purposes; and
9.2.2 Information automatically collected (e.g. cookies). This information is collected to improve the interaction and browsing facilities on the SANParks sites.
9.3 By using this website the user consents to the following:
9.3.1 SANParks may disclose users’ information to entities with which SANParks have a business relationship for commercial reasons;
9.3.2 SANParks retains the copyright in its databases of personal information of users;
9.3.3. SANParks may use the users’ personal information for communication purposes from time to time. Users may indicate if they do not wish to receive such communications; and
9.3.4 SANParks may use users’ information for non-personal statistical purposes.
9.4 In addition, SANParks may disclose any user’s information where it is legally obliged to do so in terms of the laws of the Republic of South Africa .
9.6 Our website is not intentionally designed for or directed at, children under the age of 18 years. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information of persons under the age of 18. When posting any information to this website or any of our other websites, you agree that you are aged 18 years or older.
9.7 SANParks reserves the right to amend its privacy policies at anytime.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website can store on your browser and later retrieve. Cookies collect non-personal information for business and marketing purposes. The cookies help SANParks to provide a more valuable online experience to users. You can set up your browser to disable cookies, however, this might cause certain features of the SANParks’ site to be inaccessible.
12. Contact Information
If you have any questions, queries or wish to request permission to use any part of this website, including linking, framing, or searching please contact us at: