- TMNP recommends that all activities including but not limited to walking, jogging, trail running, cycling and horse riding are to be carried out in groups of four or more
- Stay on demarcated pathways and trails.
- Wear the correct hiking gear and shoes.
- Do not carry valuables, cash, cameras, etc.
- Cycle, hike or run during daylight hours only.
- Keep an eye on the weather and other mountain conditions.
- Inform at least one other person not participating in an activity with you of your destination and estimated arrival time.