- 100 x tent or caravan sites, with power point. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities. (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities) Maximum of 6 persons per site.
- 75 x 2 or 3-bed units with communal kitchen. Bungalows are equipped with ablutions comprising of a shower, WC and wash basin. All bungalows have air-conditioning. A limited number of fully equipped utensil boxes (cutlery crockery, glasses and frying pan) are available for hire. Contact reception upon check-in.
57 x 2 or 3-bed units with kitchens. Bungalows are equipped with ablutions comprising of a shower, WC and wash basin. All bungalows are equipped with air-conditioning.
- 1 x luxury bungalow with 2 beds and one sleeper couch. Equipped with en-suite bathroom (shower, WC and wash basin), kitchen and air-conditioning. The open air kitchen has a cooker plate and microwave oven and outside braai (barbeque) facility, fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery.
- 19 x 2 bedded bungalows situated on the perimeter fence with a view of the veld which allows you to listen to the sounds of the wild in your bed. Equipped with en-suite bathroom containing shower, WC and wash basin. Bungalows each have an open air kitchen with cooker top, combined fridge/freezer and fully equipped with cutlery, crockery and utensils.
- 1 x 5-bed and 9 x 6-bed units with well equipped kitchens and two bedrooms with 3 beds each (in the case of the 6 bed units). Both bedrooms have a bathroom en-suite (bath, WC and washbasin). The kitchen has a gas stove (with oven), fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery.
- These are large luxury units in prime positions inside the camp. There are well-equipped kitchens (with microwave ovens) and multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV televisions are provided.
- Wells: Sleeps 6, with 3 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- Stanley: Sleeps 9, with 3 bedrooms (3 single beds in each room)
- Frankel: Sleeps 10, with 5 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
Accommodation at Satara Rest Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements. Choose anything from luxury, self catering, caravanning or camping accommodation for your stay in the wilderness. Why rush? Stay longer!
To view the accommodation prices, refer to tariffs
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- The park was first proclaimed in 1898 as the Sabie Game Reserve by the then president of the Transvaal Republic, Paul Kruger. He first proposed the need to protect the animals of the Lowveld in 1884, but his revolutionary vision took another 12 years to be realised when the area between the Sabie and Crocodile Rivers was set aside for restricted hunting.