Talamati Bushveld Camp
See the Park’s Activities for a comprehensive list.
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Mini Shop at Reception stocks basic items such as firewood and Telkom phone cards. There are no foodstuffs such as meat available.
- No ATM facility available
- Electricity (plug points) for appliances in rooms
- Boma – communal Braai (barbecue) area in camp
- Muzandzeni Picnic spot (23km from camp)
- Nhlanguleni Picnic spot (35km from camp)
- Bird Hide (in camp)
- Each accommodation unit has it’s own braai (barbecue) facilities
See the Park’s Facilities for a comprehensive list.
Only residents are allowed in the camp and on the access roads to Talamati Bush Camp. Talamati Bush Camp can be booked through Central Reservations and is a wonderful bush experience for all. Talamati Bush Camp is situated within easy reach of the larger rest camps so that guests can make use of the larger camps amenities if needed.
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Head toward Nelspruit on the N4 and take the R540 Belfast turn off. At Lydenburg turn left onto the R36 heading north. 30km before Hoedspruit turn right onto the R531 and head to Orpen gate. Allow between 4 to 5 hours for the trip to the gate. Talamati Bushveld Camp is 30 km away from the gate. Allow about 1 ½ hours for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!
Flora & Fauna
See the Fauna & Flora pages of the Park for more information.
Track rhino, elephant and lion on foot while learning and observing fascinating facts about the African bush. Some of the animals to be seen in the area are giraffe, kudu, eland, impala, zebra, rhino, buffalo, lion and hyena. Animal activity at the water hole is an 24 hour experience so insomniacs can keep an eye out after sunset to spot some of the more elusive nocturnal wildlife coming to drink.
Talamati Camp is a good game viewing region in a sloping valley and hill area, that is dominated by knob thorn and bushwillow trees.
5 Things To Seek
- Telephone: +27 (0)13 735 6343
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 5544
See Camp Contacts for more information.