Day visitors are welcome to the Kruger National Park.
All the main rest camps have day visitor areas. There are also many picnic sites and other visitor get-out points distributed throughout the park.
There is a maximum threshold of visitors that can enter the park daily. If this threshold is reached only visitors with pre-booked overnight accommodation will be permitted access. Such situations tend only to arise in extreme cases such as public holidays and long weekends.
Please take note of the following:
- Pre-booked day visits must be paid in advance, on or before the deposit due date.
- Guests who book one day in advance must pay when the booking is made.
- Wild Card members have to pay this “advance booking fee” if they want to pre-book their day visit.
Alternatively guests can purchase a Wild Card from the entrance gate which will, for a once off payment, give them access to the Kruger National Park for 365 days from date of purchase. The card comes in three variations:
- Individual – guests over 18 years of age
- Couple – two people over 18 years of age
- Family – two adults and children under 18 years of age
Local residents can purchase the All Clusters card that is valid for all national parks. Foreign nationals also have access to a Wild Card that works on the same principle, and is valid for all national parks.
|Entrance Gates Open||05:30||05:30||05:30||06:00||06:00||06:00||06:00||06:00||06:00||05:30||05:30||05:30|
|Camp Gates Open||04:30||05:30||05:30||06:00||06:00||06:00||06:00||06:00||06:00||05:30||04:30||04:30|
|All Gates Close||18:30||18:30||18:00||18:00||17:30||17:30||17:30||18:00||18:00||18:00||18:30||18:30|
|Crocodile Bridge Gate||+27 (0)13 735 6012|
|Giriyondo Access Point||+27 (0)13 735 8919|
|Kruger Gate||+27 (0)13 735 5107|
|Malelane Gate||+27 (0)13 735 6152|
|Numbi Gate||+27 (0)13 735 5133|
|Orpen Gate||+27 (0)13 735 6355|
|Pafuri Gate||+27 (0)13 735 5574|
|Phabeni Gate||+27 (0)13 735 5890|
|Phalaborwa Gate||+27 (0)13 735 6509|
|Punda Maria Gate||+27 (0)13 735 6870|
There are so many creatures to see and sightings of rare species can be the highlight of your trip! Keep up to date with the movements of the wildlife in the Kruger National Park by consulting the sightings map at reception; it is updated daily!
5 Things To Seek
- The Big Five – Buffalo, Elephant, Leopard, Lion and Rhino.
- The Little Five – Buffalo Weaver, Elephant Shrew, Leopard Tortoise, Ant Lion and Rhino Beetle.
- Birding Big Six – Ground Hornbill, Kori Bustard, Lappet- faced Vulture, Martial Eagle, Pel’s Fishing Owl and Saddle-bill Stork.
- Five Trees – Baobab, Fever Tree, Knob Thorn, Marula, Mopane.
- Natural/Cultural Features – Letaba Elephant Museum, Jock of the Bushveld Route, Albasini Ruins, Masorini Ruins, Stevenson Hamilton Memorial Library, Thulamela.
Available at Skukuza and Letaba Day Visitor Sites.