Malelane Satellite Camp
- Game Drives (in the company of trained field guides)
See the Park’s Activities for a comprehensive list.
- One communal kitchen
- One ablution block
- There are no shop or restaurant facilities available.
- No ATM facility available.
- No reception office at camp
- Communal freezer
See the Park’s Facilities for a comprehensive list.
Flora & Fauna
See the Fauna & Flora pages of the Park for more information.
The area hosts white rhino, kudu, impala, giraffe, elephant, reedbuck, klipspringer, grey rhebok and warthog.
Leopard are seen regularly in the region – some lucky people have even seen them drinking at the dam in front of the camp. Wild dog are also found in the area. Lion are usually found in the lower plains on the roads to Skukuza and Crocodile Bridge.
Malelane is situated in Mountain Bushveld. Many unusual plants grow in the mountain landscape. The plains between the mountains are covered in sweet grass, which attracts a variety of grazers. Prominent trees are the red bush-willow and the magic guarri.
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng.
- Take the N4 to Nelspruit and head through Nelspruit to Malelane.
- Then turn left at the Kruger National Park sign just outside Malelane and head to the gate. Allow between 4 to 5 hours for the trip to the gate.
- Malelane camp is approximately 5km away from the gate. Allow about 10 minutes for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!
5 Things To Seek
- Fish Eagle
- Wild Dog
- Giant Sycamore Fig
- Telephone: +27 (0)13 735 6152
- Fax: +27 (0)13 790 1075
See Camp Contacts for more information.