- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Table Mountain National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
- Please see the notice regarding the postponement of the Park Management Planning information sessions for Table Mountain National Park
- Due to the fire in the Park, Upper Tokai and the Tokai Picnic site will be closed indefinitely to the public. This closure includes access to all the mountain biking tracks.
- Silvermine East and West are closed due to the fire, until further notice. Table Mountain National Park needs to assess the damage and ensure the location is save for all users before the gates can be reopened.
- The Silvermine Tented Camp has been badly burnt in a fire. It will be closed indefinitely until the damage can be assessed and rebuilt. Please contact Saskia Marlowe on 021 712 7471 with regards to any reservations you may have for this location.
- As a result of load shedding, credit card payments are slightly delayed at the Cape of Good Hope Gate and can result in longer waiting times on entry. Please note that The Funicular service does not run during load shedding.
- During load shedding the life of the credit card machines at Boulders is limited by the battery life of the machines. Bearing this in mind, you might be requested to pay in cash on entry during load shedding periods.
- Table Mountain National Park will close for all filming, events and functions (bar Signal Hill) on 15 December 2015 and reopen on 18 Jan 2016.
- Unfortunately the credit card and EFT facilities are currently offline at the Wild Card Sales Offices in Tokai. Only cash will be accepted for the purchasing of any material, until further notice. Thank you for understanding and for your continuous support.
- We are experiencing problems with one of our main telephone lines: 021 712 2337, which is currently not working. As an alternative please use: 021 7120527. We apologise for any inconvenience and hope to get sorted soon.
The following extensions are also not working (including our fax line):
- Finance Office
- Tokai Field Office
- Fax line: 021 713 1542
- Wild Card, Activity Permit and Green Card sales are now at the Tokai Plantation Office, also in Tokai Road. Tel: 021 712 7471. Please note we recommend you retain your proof of purchase or renewal letter for your Wild Card membership in your car, to facilitate entry at TMNP gates when the power is down. The Wild Card office does not have a wheelchair ramp; please call in advance to make arrangements for access on 021 712 7471. Open Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 12:30 and 13:00 to 16:00.
- For directions to the new office herewith a map to Tokai Manor House and Wild Card Sales.
This natural world heritage site, and Natural New 7 Wonder of the World, is a haven of magnificent mountains plunging into crystal seas fringed with bleached white sands of the Cape Peninsula. The mountain chain stretches from Signal Hill in the north, to Cape Point in the South and is also home to the world’s smallest, yet most diverse floral kingdom, The Cape Floristic Region.
Table Mountain National Park is a must-visit for anyone in Cape Town, local or international. From open access hikes and beautiful forest walks to pristine picnic and day-visit spots to secluded picturesque accommodation facilities throughout the park, there is plenty to do, see and experience.
Conservation fees are payable at only three access-controlled sections of the park, Cape of Good Hope, Boulders Penguin Colony and Silvermine.
Must sees for this park include:
- Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope
- Boulders Penguin Colony
- Table Mountain
- Signal Hill and Lions Head
24th February 2015
12th February 2015
27th January 2015
Posted by: Lesego (18th January 2013)
Posted by: lioness7 (14th October 2012)
Posted by: caroline V (19th August 2012)
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
14°C / 26°C
Sunny with high level clouds