Experience Garden Route National Park
Along the South Coast of South Africa lies one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world, home to the Garden Route National Park.
Where to stay - Featured accommodation
This 4-star chalet has two double rooms, each with its own bathroom and sleeps four in comfort. This magical hideaway is tucked away at the head of a wide valley situated in the Harkerville forest. From this vantage point you can bird-watch, botanise, explore the walking trails close by or hop on your bike for an exhilarating cycle through the forest. Fully appointed with indoor and outdoor fireplace, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, DSTV, telephone and alarm system. View availability for the chalet.
Notices and visitor tips
- Millwood Museum & Mother Holly:
Please note that the Millwood Museum and Mother Holly tea room is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Groups that wish to visit Mother Holly must please contact and arrange with Marian and Garth Van Reenen on tel: 044 3890092; cell: 071 683 0929 or via email: email@example.com
- The Farleigh Mountain Bike Routes:
The Farleigh Mountain Bike Routes will be temporarily closed for the next few weeks (weekends included). The routes are closed due to the current harvest of timber in areas traversing the routes and due to the hazardous nature of the work it will not be safe for mountain bikers. The alternative route that was used in the past is also affected, thus leaving us with no other alternative but the temporary closure. We apologise for the inconvenience caused..
- Remember to bring along a bathing suit, angling equipment, hat, sun block, walking shoes, binoculars, bird and mammal reference books. Hikers must always carry sufficient water.
- For summer (September – March), cool comfortable clothing is recommended
along with sunhats and sun protection cream.
For winter and autumn (April – August), warm clothing is recommended for the night times.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
What to do - Featured activity
Hit the road and experience mountain biking trails that will leave you breathless at the beauty of your surroundings. Ride through indigenous forest, fynbos and plantations with views of the rugged coastline.
Calling all adventure enthusiasts and nature-lovers alike! Spend a week with us in the breath-taking Garden Route National Park, exploring the beautiful beaches, rugged coastlines, indigenous forests and much more. We’ll take you on an epic journey by foot, kayak, lilo, boat, mountain bike, scooter and Segway. Adventure is in our nature!
Adventure is in our Nature!
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- 1 bedroom with double bed
- No Smoking
- 2 single beds
- DSTV (Limited Channels)
- No Smoking
- Additional vehicles will be charged fee per night
- No view
- Media Release: Joint Statement by George Municipality, Eden District Muncipality, SANParks, Southern Cape Fire Protection Association - 24th August 2016
- Ecological block burn for Harkerville - 15th August 2016
- GRNP/EMI Awards 2016 in Tsitsikamma - 15th August 2016
- Media Release: World Ranger Day commemorated in the Garden Route National Park - 29th July 2016
- Garden Route National Park invites the public to join World Rangers Day online - 26th July 2016
Posted by: MATTHYS (19th July 2016)
Posted by: MATTHYS (5th April 2016)
Posted by: MATTHYS (21st August 2015)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- The GRNP has the single largest block of Afromontane forest in South Africa including the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma sandstone fynbos areas, Mountains, forest and coast in close proximity and scenic beauty.