Experience Garden Route National Park
Along the South Coast of South Africa lies one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world, home to the Garden Route National Park.
Where to stay - Featured accommodation
This 4-star chalet has two double rooms, each with its own bathroom and sleeps four in comfort. This magical hideaway is tucked away at the head of a wide valley situated in the Harkerville forest. From this vantage point you can bird-watch, botanise, explore the walking trails close by or hop on your bike for an exhilarating cycle through the forest. Fully appointed with indoor and outdoor fireplace, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, DSTV, telephone and alarm system. View availability for the chalet.
Notices and visitor tips
- Millwood Museum & Mother Holly:
Please note that the Millwood Museum and Mother Holly tea room is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Groups that wish to visit Mother Holly must please contact and arrange with Marian and Garth Van Reenen on tel: 044 3890092; cell: 071 683 0929 or via email: email@example.com
- The Farleigh Mountain Bike Routes:
The Farleigh Mountain Bike Routes will be temporarily closed for the next few weeks (weekends included). The routes are closed due to the current harvest of timber in areas traversing the routes and due to the hazardous nature of the work it will not be safe for mountain bikers. The alternative route that was used in the past is also affected, thus leaving us with no other alternative but the temporary closure. We apologise for the inconvenience caused..
- Remember to bring along a bathing suit, angling equipment, hat, sun block, walking shoes, binoculars, bird and mammal reference books. Hikers must always carry sufficient water.
- For summer (September – March), cool comfortable clothing is recommended
along with sunhats and sun protection cream.
For winter and autumn (April – August), warm clothing is recommended for the night times.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
What to do - Featured activity
Hit the road and experience mountain biking trails that will leave you breathless at the beauty of your surroundings. Ride through indigenous forest, fynbos and plantations with views of the rugged coastline.
Calling all adventure enthusiasts and nature-lovers alike! Spend a week with us in the breath-taking Garden Route National Park, exploring the beautiful beaches, rugged coastlines, indigenous forests and much more. We’ll take you on an epic journey by foot, kayak, lilo, boat, mountain bike, scooter and Segway. Adventure is in our nature!
Adventure is in our Nature!
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- 1 single bed in lounge
- DSTV (Limited Channels)
- 2 single beds
- Communal ablutions
- Additional vehicles will be charged fee per night
- Braai Area
- Communal ablutions
- Only tents allowed, no motorhomes or rooftop tents
- Garden Route National Park extended SA National Parks Week to 17 September 2016 - 19th September 2016
- Launch of the gold nugget cycling route - 12th September 2016
- Exploring "untouched unique places" - 6th September 2016
- South African National Parks (SANParks) resources dispatched to assist neighbours - 1st September 2016
- SA National Parks Week in the Garden Route National Park - 30th August 2016
Posted by: MATTHYS (31st August 2016)
Posted by: MATTHYS (19th July 2016)
Posted by: MATTHYS (5th April 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- The GRNP has the single largest block of Afromontane forest in South Africa including the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma sandstone fynbos areas, Mountains, forest and coast in close proximity and scenic beauty.