Escape to the land of contrasts, where the rigorous climate has created a myriad of life forms superbly adapted to their specific habitat. Fields of flowers, star studded nights, quiver trees, enormous granite outcrops and the icy Atlantic are but a few wonders that await the visitor.
Visitors can enjoy self-catering accommodation at the Skilpad Rest Camp or enjoy various camping options along the coast. The main entrance, reception, administrative offices and prime accommodation are all based at this camp. Read more...
During early August and September, seemingly overnight, the dusty valleys of Namaqualand are transformed in to a wonderland, carpeted with wildflowers that draw visitors from around the country and from abroad.
- In the inland areas, visitors can make use of sedans or 2x4 vehicles, but to make the most of their visit and to see most of the Park they will need a 4x4.
- Vehicle fuel and ATM facilities are available in the nearby town Springbok (87km away); not in the Park itself.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
Where To Stay
Golden Kudu - Luxury LodgesView All Luxury Lodges
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Things To See
- Breathtaking landscapes
- Spectacular flower season
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Sunny< br>Min: 12°C / Max: 20°C
Did You Know?
- Namaqua National Park is situated in one of only 2 arid biodiversity hotspots