People with disabilities
- An in-depth accessibility profile for Kruger National Park has been compiled with camp specific ones as well:
- View the accessibility features overviews for some of the camps in the Kruger National Park, as featured in the Rolling Inspiration magazine:
- Accessibily features overview for the South-Western Camps (Berg-en-Dal & Pretoriuskop)
- Accessibily features overview for the South-Eastern Camps (Crocodile Bridge & Lower Sabie)
- Accessibily features overview for the Skukuza Area
- Accessibily features overview for the Central Camps (Satara, Orpen & Tamboti)
- Accessibily features overview for the Northern Camps accessed via Phalaborwa Gate (Olifants, Letaba & Mopani)
- Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility
Accessible Activities & Facilities
- Most destinations offer good general access and people with mobility challenges do make frequent use of the park.
- There are also 10 accessible unisex communal ablutions among the various campsite ablutions throughout the park.
- There are a variety of accessible boardwalks, trails, hides, museums, picnic sites and other visitor destinations throughout the park and readers are encouraged to view the individual rest camp profiles or the summary of gates, hides and picnic sites to get an idea of what destinations are suitable.
- View www.sanparks.org/groups/disabilities/transport.php for details of tour operators who offer accessible safaris with transport provided to Kruger, as well as details of accessible car hire options.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- There are numerous examples of San Art scattered throughout the park.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 14°C / Max: 29°C
Min: 17°C / Max: 34°C
Min: 15°C / Max: 25°C