- You can choose to stay in a number of different accommodation units in the different camps, Storms River (Tsitsikamma Section), Nature's Valley (Tsitsikamma Section), Knysna (Knysna Lakes Section) and Wilderness (Wilderness Section). To view this accommodation, simply select a camp and then view 'availability' on the left hand navigation bar in order to see what the units the camp offers.
- You can book and pay for accommodation online or contact reservations.
- All accommodation, ablution and kitchen facilities are serviced by cleaning staff on a daily basis.
- Currently bedding is supplied in all accommodation (except camping).
- Cooking utensils and refrigeration are provided in most accommodation units. Exceptions will be indicated when booking.
- Adult is 12 years or above.
- Child (2-11 years), under 2 years - Gratis
- Additional Person Supplements are applicable to those units where number of beds exceeds the base occupancy, if these beds are occupied.
Description of Garden Route Accommodation
Garden Route National Park offers a variety of camp-run accommodation. Each camp has its own unique selection of accommodation types.
Knysna Lakes Section Accommodation
Diepwalle Forest Camp
Set amidst the treetops of the Diepwalle Forest, this elevated camp affords the visitor an opportunity to feel at one with the forest whilst providing that perfect balance of outdoor living and basic amenities which the ardent camper will love.
These decks accommodate a three-man tent, come with braai and dining areas, and have electric points. Tents and mattresses are available to rent from the Diepwalle Forest Office. Communal ablutions have hot showers. Visitors have access to communal fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer. Firewood is available for purchase at the Forest Office.
Comes with a fixed tent which houses two beds, each with basic mattress (no bedding) and a bar fridge. Communal ablutions have hot showers. Visitors have access to a washing machine and tumble dryer. Firewood is available for purchase at the Forest Office.
These campsites are not suitable for Motorhomes, Roof-top Tents or Caravans. It is only appropriate for tents to be pitched on the timber decks.
Old Forester's House (Diepwalle)
This historical building was once forester D.E. Hutchins’ house. He was responsible for constructing stone houses at the Gouna, Diepwalle, Harkerville and Fisantehoek Forest Stations between 1888 and 1920. Rustic finishes add to the age-old charm of the building. An indoor fireplace warms during winter. Sleeps 6 and comes with fully equipped kitchen, lounge, and TV with DSTV (limited channels). Visitors have access to a washing machine and tumble dryer. Firewood provided.
Harkerville Forest Treetop Chalet
This 4-star chalet has two double rooms, each with its own bathroom and sleeps four in comfort. This magical hideaway is tucked away at the head of a wide valley situated in the Harkerville forest. From this vantage point you can bird-watch, botanise, explore the walking trails close by or hop on your bike for an exhilarating cycle through the forest. Fully appointed with indoor and outdoor fireplace, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, DSTV, telephone and alarm system.
Overnight visitors have access to all day trails and cycle trails listed above for the duration of their stay.
Basic Accommodation Types
All with communal ablution, laundry and washing up facilities. A maximum of six persons, one caravan with a side tent and one vehicle, or one tent and one vehicle, or one autovilla or motorised caravan will be permitted per site. These are all available in the Knysna Area as well as the Storms River Mouth, Wilderness and Nature's Valley rest camps.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- The Wilderness section of the GRNP has a Ramsar site (wetland of global significance). It has the potential to conserve whole ecosystems from catchments to sea.