Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma)
See the Park’s Activities for a comprehensive list.
- Shop where souvenirs and basic commodities may be purchased, a la carte restaurant, also serving light refreshments, laundromat and ironing room (flat-irons not supplied) and information desk.
- No ATM facility available.
- Cattle Baron Seafood Grill and Bistro
- Fuel is available at Storms River Bridge (±25km from Storms River Rest Camp) and at Nature’s Valley (adjacent Nature’s Valley Rest Camp).
See the Park’s Facilities for a comprehensive list.
- Nearest garage or vehicle repairs at Witelsbos – 30km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp.
- Medical/hospital and pharmaceutical facilities at Kareedouw – 55km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp.
- Post Office and police services at Storms River Village – 13km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (a post box is available at the rest camp).
- Scuba divers must present valid certificate and supply own equipment. Scuba refill facilities are available at Storms River Rest Camp.
- The swimming pool at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp is reserved for resident guests only.
5 Things To Seek
- Dolphins and Porpoises – keeping vigil on the ocean will produce sightings of schools of dolphins and porpoises frolicking in the waves.
- African Black Oystercatcher – this red data species is one of South Africa’s most threatened bird species. Several pairs nest along the park’s rocky coastline.
- Knysna Lourie – these beautiful birds with a gruff call are common in the forest.
- Cape Clawless Otter – the source of the name of the Otter Trail, this shy and elusive species hunts crabs along the park’s coastline and rivers alike.
- Blue Duiker – this miniature antelope is found in the forests.
See the Contact page of the Park.