- Note to Day Visitors
Download our Gate Registration & Indemnity document and complete before your visit in order to save time when entering the park.
- 2015/16 West Coast Rock Lobster recreational fishing season
View the information and dates for the 2015/16 West Coast Rock Lobster recreational fishing season.
Just inland from the secluded harbour of Saldanha Bay, and only 1,5 hour's drive from Cape Town's City Centre, one finds the azure waters of the Langebaan Lagoon, focal point of the West Coast National Park.
Thousands of seabirds roost on sheltered islands, pristine golden beaches stretch endlessly into the early morning mist and brooding salt marshes are home to vast concentrations of migrant waders from the northern hemisphere. During the spring the strandveld is embroidered with a tapestry of multi-hued flowers, while in the Postberg section many antelope are to be seen in a setting that is as unique as it is idyllic.
- 2015/16 West Coast Rock Lobster recreational fishing season - 12th November 2015
- Media Release: Free entry for South African National Parks Week - 16th September 2015
- Free access to national parks during SA National Parks Week - 1st September 2014
- Flower season at West Coast National Park promises a landslide of colour - 19th August 2014
- Media Release: Free entry for South African National Parks Week - 27th August 2013
Posted by: SHR PR & Media (20th January 2016)
Posted by: CapePR (20th November 2015)
Posted by: SHR PR & Media (16th November 2015)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.
Min: 20°C / Max: 30°C