Day visitors are welcome to the Kruger National Park.
There is a maximum threshold of visitors that can enter the park daily. If this threshold is reached only visitors with pre-booked overnight accommodation will be permitted access. Such situations tend only to arise in extreme cases such as public holidays and long weekends.
We have re-introduced Advanced Bookings for day visits to Kruger National Park
- Kruger National Park allows advance reservations for day visits, in addition to the conservation fees payable via various Reservation Offices.
- Pre-booked day visits must be paid in advance, on or before the deposit due date.
- Guests who book one day in advance must pay when the booking is made.
- Wild card members have to pay this “advance booking fee” if they want to pre-book their day visit.
- General information on advanced bookings for day visits.
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.
Daily Conservation Fee
Valid from 1 November 2015 to 31 October 2016
South African Citizens and Residents (with ID):
R66 per person, per day
SADC Nationals (with passport):
R132 per person, per day
Standard Conservation Fee (Foreign Visitors):
R264 per adult, per day
Note: All Prices VAT inclusive and all tariffs in South African Rand
Tariffs subject to alteration without advance notice
Alternatively guests can purchase a Wild Card from the entrance gate which will, for a once off payment, give them access to the Kruger National Park for 365 days from date of purchase. The card comes in three variations for
- Individual – guests over 18 years of age
- Couple – two people over 18 years of age
- Family – two adults and children under 18 years of age
Local residents can purchase the All Clusters card that is valid for all national parks. Foreign nationals also have access to a wild card that works on the same principle, and is valid for all national parks.
Wild Card Pricing Structure
Read more about the Wildcard here.
|Entrance Gates Open||
|Camp Gates Open||
|All Gates Close||
Entrance Gates Telephone Numbers
|Crocodile Bridge Gate||
+27 (0)13 735 6012
+27 (0)13 735 8919
+27 (0)13 735 5107
+27 (0)13 735 6152
+27 (0)13 735 5133
+27 (0)13 735 6355
+27 (0)13 735 5574
+27 (0)13 735 5890
|Phalaborwa Gate||+27 (0)13 735 6509|
|Punda Maria Gate||
+27 (0)13 735 6870
Where to take a break...
All the main rest camps have day visitor areas. There are also many picnic spots and other visitor get out points distributed throughout the park. At the picnic spots visitors can (for a nominal fee) hire gas skottels (outdoor elevated frying pans) to cook meals on. These pans are cleaned by the attending staff, thus meaning people don’t have to worry about carrying
There are so many creatures to see and sightings of rare species can be the highlight of your trip! Keep up to date with the movements of the wildlife in the Kruger National Park by consulting the sightings map at reception, it is updated daily!
5 Things To Seek
- The Big Five – Buffalo, Elephant, Leopard, Lion and Rhino.
- The Little Five – Buffalo Weaver, Elephant Shrew, Leopard Tortoise, Ant Lion and Rhino Beetle.
- Birding Big Six– Ground Hornbill, Kori Bustard, Lappet- faced Vulture, Martial Eagle, Pel’s Fishing Owl and Saddle-bill Stork.
- Five Trees – Baobab, Fever Tree, Knob Thorn, Marula, Mopane.
- Natural/Cultural Features – Letaba Elephant Museum, Jock of the Bushveld Route, Albasini Ruins, Masorini Ruins, Stevenson Hamilton Memorial Library, Thulamela.
Swimming pools for day visitors are available at Skukuza Day Visitor Site as well as at Letaba Day Visitor Site.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- There are significant archaeological ruins at Thulamela and Masorini.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 11°C / Max: 26°C
Min: 12°C / Max: 32°C
Min: 14°C / Max: 29°C