Park & Ride
Hop in and ride - it's as simple as that! Guests at Kruger now have the opportunity to make use of the "Park and Ride Scheme" where you can get to see the Big 5 and contribute to local empowerment.
The "Community Drive Project" is a joint venture between SANParks and Vuswa Fleet Services. It is an initiative to empower people on the periphery of the Park.
- Park & Ride currently operates from Numbi, Phabeni and Kruger gates.
- There are 4 vehicles for the southern side of the Park.
- The duration of drive is 4 hours:-
- 1st drive: starting at 07:00 and ending at 11:00 from each gate.
- 2nd drive: starting at 14:00 and ends at 18:00 from affected gate (subject to season gate closure times)
- Drives to start 30 minutes earlier in winter and ends 30 minutes earlier than the proposed time.
- Read this useful brochure on this activity.
- Corporative (Nghelekele Yanga):
- Happy Nkuna: 072 846 4262
- Albertina Mabuza: 076 686 2593
- Ghabeni Tours:
- Arnold Mashabane: 082 468 1290
Benefits to the Community
- The community-driven Park and Ride system is seen as a mechanism of assistance in terms of the new gate implementation project.
- Job opportunities for locals have been created.
- Communities will eventually own and run these vehicles.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- On 31 May 1926 the National Parks Act was proclaimed and with it the merging of the Sabie and Shingwedzi Game Reserves into the Kruger National Park. The first motorists entered the park in 1927 for a fee of one pound.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 14°C / Max: 33°C
Sunny and hot
Min: 19°C / Max: 36°C
Min: 16°C / Max: 23°C