Daily early morning and afternoon guided walks are available from most camps.
Up to eight guests are taken to interesting places in the surrounding wilderness areas adjacent to most of the camps. The walk itself is relaxed and experienced and armed guides use their knowledge of the bush to explain natural wonders.
- Trained field guides with backup rifles take groups of up to 8 people out into the bush for a few hours.
- They track rhino, elephant and lion on foot and learn and observe fascinating facts about the African bush.
- Guests should wear:
- comfortable walking shoes or boots,
- clothing applicable to the prevailing weather conditions and
- bring their own cameras and/or binoculars.
- No children under 13 allowed.
- Accommodation must be booked for the previous night at the camp.
- Form more information, contact the camp reception.
- These activities can be booked by email or by contacting the park directly. Here are the camp telephone and fax numbers
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.
Did You Know?
- There are significant archaeological ruins at Thulamela and Masorini.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 18°C / Max: 28°C
Min: 21°C / Max: 37°C
Min: 21°C / Max: 35°C