Bush Braais & Bush Breakfasts
This unforgettable experience is not to be missed.
A game drive leads you to an open area filled with burning lanterns and fires where, whilst listening to the sounds of the bushveld and the distant animals calling, the food is grilled on open fires. A variety of game meat and sausage is on offer, together with delicious vegetables and a variety of salads. Freshly prepared deserts and coffee or tea complete a wonderful evening. A cash bar facility is also available.
To get you started on the type of bush braai you would like - there is the Standard Bush Braai and the Ad-hoc Bush Braai:
- Standard Bush Braai
- Departs in the afternoon with a game drive to the bush braai site (for a maximum of an hour).
- Will arrive at the site where the meal will be in the process of preparation (planned not to exeed about 90 minutes with a maximum of 2 hours).
- Guests will be briefed on safety, toilet routine and how to conduct themselves.
- During the whole event at the site, the guide would be host and in control of guests while leading discussions and answering questions.
- Return game drive will coincide with some night game viewing (about 30 minutes).
- Ad-hoc Bush Braai
- This is a bush braai that is provided on request.
- Additional resources need to be obtained, e.g. guides, vehicles and rifles.
- Booking is for one group who then negotiate terms (price and programme).
- The costing and pricing of Ad Hoc Bush Braais would need to be well planned and should be done in consultation with the manager, activities. Crucial elements would include transport costs for possibly hiring additional vehicles or bringing them from other locations and hiring of additional staff.
The price (which will be confirmed on enquiry) includes the drive to the venue. Bookings can be made at camp receptions or through central reservations unless otherwise indicated.
Please contact the appropriate camp as bookings are subject to availability and at the discretion of the camp: camp telephone and fax numbers.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- The surface area of Kruger National Park is 7,580 squared miles (19,633 squared km).