Poor Road Conditions and Repairs on the R538
Due to poor road conditions and repairs taking place on the R538 (between White River, Numbi Gate and Hazyview), guests are advised to avoid this road and Numbi Gate. The R40 (leading directly from White River to Hazyview) is recommended as it has recently been repaired and guests can access or exit the Park via the Phabeni or Kruger gates.
Where nearly 2 million hectares of unrivalled diversity of life forms fuses with historical and archaeological sights - this is real Africa.
The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Established in 1898 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowveld, this national park of nearly 2 million hectares, SANParks - Kruger National Park is unrivalled in the diversity of its life forms and a world leader in advanced environmental management techniques and policies.
Truly the flagship of the South African national parks, Kruger is home to an impressive number of species: 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians - , 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals. Man's interaction with the Lowveld environment over many centuries - from bushman rock paintings to majestic archaeological sites like Masorini and Thulamela - is very evident in the Kruger National Park. These treasures represent the cultures, persons and events that played a role in the history of the Kruger National Park and are conserved along with the park's natural assets.
Activities available include:
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- Additional vehicles will be charged fee per night
- No restaurant facilities available in this camp
- www.sanparks.org for more info on camping rules
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- Communal ablutions
- Communal Kitchen
- Electric plug point
- 40% discount on online bookings for accommodation and camping at selected camps in the KNP - 19th January 2016
- Media Release: Field Ranger succumbs to injuries after accidental shooting - 14th January 2016
- Media Release: Two Poaching Suspects Fatally Wounded Following Tourist Sighting - 14th January 2016
- Media Release: Safety measures for the use of swimming pools in the KNP - 18th December 2015
- Media Release: Kruger National Park's efforts to streamline access for day visitors - 4th December 2015
Posted by: Lucas1283 (2nd February 2016)
Posted by: thomasgronning (31st January 2016)
Posted by: Shutterbug (31st January 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.
Did You Know?
- The park was first proclaimed in 1898 as the Sabie Game Reserve by the then president of the Transvaal Republic, Paul Kruger. He first proposed the need to protect the animals of the Lowveld in 1884, but his revolutionary vision took another 12 years to be realised when the area between the Sabie and Crocodile Rivers was set aside for restricted hunting.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 20°C / Max: 29°C
Sunny and hot
Min: 20°C / Max: 35°C
Min: 22°C / Max: 35°C