Poor Road Conditions and Repairs on the R538
Due to poor road conditions and repairs taking place on the R538 (between White River, Numbi Gate and Hazyview), guests are advised to avoid this road and Numbi Gate. The R40 (leading directly from White River to Hazyview) is recommended as it has recently been repaired and guests can access or exit the Park via the Phabeni or Kruger gates.
Where nearly 2 million hectares of unrivalled diversity of life forms fuses with historical and archaeological sights - this is real Africa.
The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Established in 1898 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowveld, this national park of nearly 2 million hectares, SANParks - Kruger National Park is unrivalled in the diversity of its life forms and a world leader in advanced environmental management techniques and policies.
Truly the flagship of the South African national parks, Kruger is home to an impressive number of species: 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians - , 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals. Man's interaction with the Lowveld environment over many centuries - from bushman rock paintings to majestic archaeological sites like Masorini and Thulamela - is very evident in the Kruger National Park. These treasures represent the cultures, persons and events that played a role in the history of the Kruger National Park and are conserved along with the park's natural assets.
Activities available include:
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 1 bedroom with king size bed
- 2 bedrooms, each with 2 single beds or 1 king size
- Double sleeper couch in lounge
- 3 single beds
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- Communal Kitchen
- Media Release: KNP interact with stakeholders at Newcastle Show - 26th April 2016
- Media Release: SANParks welcomes the approval of the proposed Malelane Safari Lodge in KNP - 25th April 2016
- Media Release: Taxi accident claims three lives in Kruger National Park - 24th April 2016
- Book now for an unforgettable bush adventure in two of SANParks' newest camps - 15th April 2016
- Portion of S3 gravel road to temporarily close for maintenance in KNP - 14th April 2016
Posted by: Lepardfan (27th April 2016)
Posted by: E Orix (26th April 2016)
Posted by: Lesego (24th April 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- There are almost 254 known cultural heritage sites in the Kruger National Park, including nearly 130 recorded rock art sites.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 12°C / Max: 25°C
Min: 14°C / Max: 29°C
Min: 14°C / Max: 26°C