Where nearly 2 million hectares of unrivaled diversity of life forms fuses with historical and archaeological sights - this is real Africa.The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa.
Accommodation at Pafuri Border Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those guests looking for a self-catering bushveld experience. Why rush? Stay longer!Read more...
Stay in a rustic camp and experience the African bush on foot, immersing you in the wilderness and brining you as close to nature as you can get. That is what is on offer for our more adventurous tourist when they go on a wilderness trail – remoteness, tranquillity, peace and seclusion.
- All accommodation, ablution and kitchen facilities are serviced by cleaning staff on a daily basis.
- Day visitors will no longer be allowed to bring or consume alcohol in public areas such as parking lots, picnic sites, wildlife viewing areas or roads, gates and all other areas designated as public.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Most rest-camps have retail facilities and restaurants. Tariff prices do not include meals.
- Plan your trip – do not try and cover too great a distance. The Kruger National Park is a massive tract of land and frequently visitors try to cover too much ground. Slow travel and regular stopping produces much more action than covering a lot of ground.
- Early mornings and evening time are usually the most productive game viewing periods.
Where To Stay
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Construction at Punda Maria Rest Camp
Due to the current updrades of bulk services in the Rest Camp, there are some noises and difficulties in accessing parking facilities.
We wish to apologise for the inconvenience.
Poor Road Conditions and Repairs on the R538
Due to poor road conditions and repairs taking place on the R538 (between White River, Numbi Gate and Hazyview), guests are advised to avoid this road and Numbi Gate. The R40 (leading directly from White River to Hazyview) is recommended as it has recently been repaired and guests can access or exit the Park via the Phabeni or Kruger gates.
Temporary Closure of the Road S120 in the Marula Region
The road S120 (Steilberg Loop) will be temporarily closed from Monday, 19 September to 17 October 2016. The closure is due to maintenance work that had to be conducted in that road.
Things To See
- The Big 5
- Wild dog
- Ground hornbill
- Fish Eagle
- Baobab & Marula Trees
- 25th November 2016 - Media Release: KNP to remove redundant man made water point structures
- 23rd November 2016 - Media Release: KNP to touch base with the local communities at Riverside Mall
- 23rd November 2016 - Media Release: Bushbuckridge Radio 88.4FMs Gladys Mathebula wins Kudu Award
- 27th September 2016 - Media Release: Military truck overturns at Crocodile River low level bridge in the Kruger National Park
Posted by: caribou (30th November 2016)
Posted by: Lesego (29th November 2016)
Posted by: Izumi (29th November 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- There is ample evidence that prehistoric man, Homo erectus, roamed the area between 500 000 and 100 000 years ago.