Poor Road Conditions and Repairs on the R538
Due to poor road conditions and repairs taking place on the R538 (between White River, Numbi Gate and Hazyview), guests are advised to avoid this road and Numbi Gate. The R40 (leading directly from White River to Hazyview) is recommended as it has recently been repaired and guests can access or exit the Park via the Phabeni or Kruger gates.
Where nearly 2 million hectares of unrivalled diversity of life forms fuses with historical and archaeological sights - this is real Africa.
The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Established in 1898 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowveld, this national park of nearly 2 million hectares, SANParks - Kruger National Park is unrivalled in the diversity of its life forms and a world leader in advanced environmental management techniques and policies.
Truly the flagship of the South African national parks, Kruger is home to an impressive number of species: 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians - , 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals. Man's interaction with the Lowveld environment over many centuries - from bushman rock paintings to majestic archaeological sites like Masorini and Thulamela - is very evident in the Kruger National Park. These treasures represent the cultures, persons and events that played a role in the history of the Kruger National Park and are conserved along with the park's natural assets.
Activities available include:
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 1 bathroom with bath, shower and basin
- 1 en-suite bathroom with wc, bath and shower
- 3 en-suite bathrooms, each with wc and shower
- 4 Bedrooms, each with 2 x 3 Quarter Beds
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- Communal Kitchen
- Additional vehicles will be charged fee per night
- www.sanparks.org for more info on camping rules
- June/ July activities in KNP shops - 27th June 2016
- Media Release: Access for KNP day visitors during school holidays - 23rd June 2016
- Media Release: KNP to interact with stakeholders at the Highveld Mall - 23rd June 2016
- KNP and WESSA Photographic Competition - 21st June 2016
- Media Release: SANParks arrests two Field Rangers for alleged poaching - 20th June 2016
Posted by: Horrace (26th June 2016)
Posted by: xelas (23rd June 2016)
Posted by: DinkyBird (23rd June 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- There are also many historical tales of the presence of Nguni people and European explorers and settlers in the Kruger area.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 12°C / Max: 24°C
Min: 12°C / Max: 23°C
Min: 11°C / Max: 26°C