- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Table Mountain National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Walk in the footsteps of the Khoekhoen people and discover the poetry of an ancient mountain chain...
This suite of trails aims to meet the diverse needs of both local and international visitors - from Cape Town’s disadvantaged youth to 'slackpackers' who like to “rough it” in style. Whichever trail you choose you will revel in fragrant fynbos mornings, breathtaking views and delight in the inimitable spirit of Table Mountain National Park - our Natural World Heritage Site. Read more...
The two-day, one-night Cape of Good Hope Hiking Trail follows a circular route of 33.8km through. It begins and ends at the entrance gate of the Cape of Good Hope, where secure overnight parking is provided.
This hike offers hikers fragrant fynbos trails, secluded beaches and overnight accommodation at Rooikrans in one of three cottages each of which sleeps six. Cutlery and crockery are provided but you need to bring your own bedding.
Hiking Trail Rules:
Download the Cape of Good Hope Hiking Trail rules.
- R210 per person
- This tariff does not include the daily conservation/entry fee that is payable on the day of arrival at the Main Gate or the optional porterage fee.
Gates open at 06:00 October to March, and at 07:00 April to September; no entry will be allowed before this time. Hikers must start the trail before 09:00 on the day of arrival, to ensure the hike will be completed in daylight.
Departure from the hut by 09:00 the following day.
- Buffelsfontein Visitor Centre on 021 780 9204 during office hours
- Monday to Thursday between 09:00 and 16:00
- Fridays between 09:00 and 15:00
Hikers should note the following:
- It is essential to complete the Overnight Hiking register upon collection of key, which is obtainable from the Access Control Officer on duty. The same register should be signed upon departure. Please remember to hand in the keys. Your Confirmation booking form needs to be handed to the Access Control Officer before 09:00 on date of arrival.
- Bring your own bedding (sleeping bags, pillows, etc).
- All cutlery and crockery are provided (Plates, knives, forks, mugs, etc.).
- There are showers.
- The huts are solar powered, so please conserve power. A light meter has been installed and lights will only switch on when it is sufficiently dark.
- There is a two-plate gas burner at the ERICA hut.
- At The PROTEA and RESTIO huts there is a communal bathroom and kitchen with a three-plate gas burner.
- Please ensure that the lights are switched off before you leave.
- All huts have braai places and braai grids. Braai wood may be purchased at the entrance gate. Park staff will deliver it to your hut during the day.
- Please ensure that all fires are extinguished or secure before sleeping and before you leave.
- Be Aware: there are baboons in the vicinity of the Hut. When given the opportunity they will enter the hut and destroy property and personal belongings. When you leave, please ensure that all the doors and windows of the Overnight Hut are closed and locked so that baboons cannot enter.
- Please view the Cape Of Good Hope Hiking trail Rules for costs and options if you need assistance with getting your gear to the overnight hut.
*Prices are increased annually*
13°C / 26°C