How to get there
- The Tsitsikamma Section is situated some 615km from Cape Town, 195km from Port Elizabeth and 68km from Plettenberg Bay.
- The access route from the N2 highway and all internal roads are tarred. Car hire is available at Plettenberg Bay, which is also the nearest airport (limited scheduled flights). Airports are also found in George and Port Elizabeth.
- Gate times (Storms River Rest Camp)
- Gate times (Nature's Valley Rest Camp)
- Directions to Storms River Mouth Rest Camp
- The Knysna Lakes Section lies on the scenic Garden Route, some 500km from Cape Town and approximately 300km from Port Elizabeth. Rental facilities and a national airport can also be found at George, some 70km from Knysna.
- Distance on the N2 from Knysna into Uniondale Road (R339) to Diepwalle (camping sites and guest house) is 23km. Travel on the gravel provincial road.
- All the major car hire companies have offices at the George Airport and there are specialised companies in Knysna that provide airport transfers. The upgraded road between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth is very good, making road travel along the scenic Garden Route a pleasure.
- Directions to Knysna Office
- The Wilderness Section is situated close to the N2 highway, 15km from George, 2km from Wilderness village, 410km from Port Elizabeth and 450km from Cape Town. The closest airport is at George, where car hire facilities are available.
- Gate times
- Directions to Wilderness National Park
Guests visiting Wilderness Ebb & Flow camp, please note the road sign on the N2 to the Park reads "Wilderness National Park" (but is currently known as the Wilderness Section) and not Ebb & Flow. Guests can also use the western access through the town of Wilderness across the rail road bridge and turn right for the reception.
- S 34° 01’ 18.8”
E 23° 53’ 47.9”
- S 33° 58’ 19.0”
E 23° 33’ 48.2”
- S 34° 02’ 57.80
E 23° 02’ 44.49
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- The GRNP has the single largest block of Afromontane forest in South Africa including the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma sandstone fynbos areas, Mountains, forest and coast in close proximity and scenic beauty.