Nature has blessed Knysna with a pleasant, temperate climate; it is unique in Africa as the only area in which rainfall occurs throughout the year. And, to cap it all, most of our rain falls at night! It's the ideal climate for a visit - at any time of the year!
The park is ideal for day visitors with various picnic sites and points of interest.
Fuel Stations: Petrol/ Diesel
Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery):
- South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
No firearms allowed.
Tips & Hints
- Pets are not allowed in a national park.
- Remember to bring along a bathing suit, angling equipment, hat, sun block, walking shoes, binoculars, bird and mammal reference books. Hikers must always carry sufficient water.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- For summer (September – March), cool comfortable clothing is recommended along with sunhats and sun protection cream.
- For winter and autumn (April – August), warm clothing is recommended for the night times.
- Insect repellant is recommended, especially in summer.
- No immunisations are needed for travel to this park. The park is situated in a malaria-free area.
For enquiries e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel +27 (0) 44 302 5600
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- The GRNP has the single largest block of Afromontane forest in South Africa including the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma sandstone fynbos areas, Mountains, forest and coast in close proximity and scenic beauty.