- Mapungubwe National Park is divided into an Eastern and Western section, separated by private lands in between which does not form part of the Park. Bookings at Tshugulu Lodge, Limpopo Forest Tented Camp, Mazhou Camping Site and Maloutswa Bird Hide requires one to drive outside the park in order to rejoin the Western section of the Park where the camps are located.
- The Restaurant and Curio Shop selling basic necessities are located at the main gate.
- The is no filling station or ATM available in the Park.
- There is no cellphone reception in all the camps, only at the main gate.
- Guests at any of the Park's camps must check in at the Main Gate Reception area.
- Guests must allow an hour prior to the gate closing time to check in to allow for travelling time to the camps.
This is Mapungubwe’s main camp, located in the eastern section of the Park, 11km from the Main Gate, in the spectacular sandstone hills. Close to the camp guests can enjoy the Treetop Hide and the Confluence View Site & Picnic Area. The camp itself has a swimming pool and sundeck, as well as a central braai area.
This camp, situated in the Limpopo riverine forest which offers excellent birding, is located in the western section of the Park, approximately 40km from the Main Gate. The camp is close to the Maloutswa Pan hide.
This luxury lodge sleeps 1 x 12 in the guest lodge with 6 x bedrooms, a bath, en-suite swimming pool and an exclusive eco-trail. The lodge is located in the Western section of the Park approximately 23km from the Main Gate along the R572 Pondrift Road.
In the eastern section of Mapungubwe National Park, 13 km from the Main Gate, Vhembe Wilderness Camp has been built on a small ridge within a valley, within walking distance of the Limpopo River and Mapungubwe Hill. Bookings can be made online.
- This camp is not recommended for families with children.
- The camp operates on solar power hence there is no electricical plug points available.
- The camp is not fenced.
- The road to this camp requires a 4x4 or high clearance vehicle.
- There is no swimming pool available at this camp.
The Mazhou Camping Site in Mapungubwe National Park is situated approximately 40km from the Main Gate, close to the Limpopo Forest Tented Camp in the Western Section of the Park. The camping site caters for ten caravans or tents, and each camping site is equipped with a powerpoint.
Guests intending to stay over at Mazhou Camping Site check in at the Mapungubwe Main Gate. A Pensioner Discount is available from Sunday to Thursday nights within the normal Pensioner Discount Periods.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Cloudy< br>Min: 18°C / Max: 36°C