Annual rainfall totals 260 mm, with the plains being hot in summer, and the mountain areas relatively cool throughout the year. During mid-winter snow occurs regularly on the peaks of the Nuweveld Mountains.
Day visitors are welcome. No bookings are required.
- Administration: Mondays to Fridays 07:30 to 16:00.
- Reception is open from 07:00 to 19:00 daily.
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.
Tips and Hints
- Pets are not allowed in national parks.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Firearms to be declared at Reception where they will be sealed. The seal will be broken upon departure.
- Motorcycles are not allowed.
- Hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, as well as vehicle repair and police services in Beaufort West.
- Fuel available in Beaufort West.
- Cool clothing for summer and warm for winter – the region is subject to sudden changes in weather, particularly in the mountains.
- Remember to bring a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and bird and mammal reference books.
- Hikers on day trails must always carry sufficient water.
- Karoo National Park
Tel: +27 (0)23 415 2828/9
Fax: +27 (0)23 415 1671 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.
Min: 20°C / Max: 38°C