Main Rest Camp
- All accommodation is serviced daily and equipped with bedding and towels.
- Breakfast is included in the acccommodation costs, with the exception of the camp sites.
- Eight Cape Dutch style family units, each with two bedrooms (six beds in total), en suite bathrooms (bath and shower), DSTV (limited channels), and fully equipped kitchen (kettle, toaster, stove, oven, fridge, cutlery and crockery. One unit has been adapted for persons with limited mobility and contains a bath only.
- 19 Cape Dutch style units, each with a bathroom (shower and bath), open-plan area with two single beds and a double sleeper couch and kitchenette with basic equipment. Two units have been adapted for persons with limited mobility and these contain showers only.
- Ten Cape Dutch style cottages - one bedroom (double bed) open plan kitchen (microwave and three-plate hob) and lounge, bathroom (shower) and DSTV (limited channels).
- 24 award-winning camping and caravan campsites amidst a veritable green oasis in the rugged Karoo environment with communal ablutions (shower and baths) and kitchen facilities with stove plates and scullery.
- All caravan sites are equipped with 220V power points.
- A maximum of six persons, one caravan with a side tent and one vehicle, or one tent and one vehicle, or one autovilla or one motorised caravan will be permitted per site.
- Laundry with a washing machine and tumble drier (R10 tokens available at Reception).
Afsaal Cottage is an old Shepherds hut which has been upgraded. The facility is situated on the southern section of the Nuweveld 4x4 route, approximately 35 kilometers from the main rest camp.
The unit can accommodate two adults and two children. It is equipped with an energy friendly solar power system for the lighting, a gas burner for food preparation, as well as a 90 liter solar powered fridge/freezer to store food and drinks. Two outside braai areas are also available. No fire wood is provided. Inside the unit are two single beds with mattresses and bedding. Extra bedding is provided. Two additional stretchers are available on request, for children only. The unit is not serviced daily, but only cleaned on departure and before arrival. A shower with a gas geyser ensures that there is hot water available. The unit is also equipped with a wash basin on the outside. In front of the unit is a lit waterhole, providing 24-hour game viewing from the comfort of the porch.
Staying over at Afsaal Cottage will give visitors an early start to the game viewing area and the possibility to see the elusive game species. Normal gate hours are applicable to the Afsaal Cottage and park management depends on the honesty and integrity of visitors to abide by the gate and park rules. Visitors should also note that there is no Cell phone reception at the Cottage. The base rate tariff of one to two people is R730 per night. Additional children will cost an additional R105 per child. Bookings can only be made through the Park's Reception, on (023) 415 2828.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?