Lang Elsie's Kraal Rest Camp
The Lang Elsie's Kraal restcamp, situated on the banks of the Breede River, is the first rest camp in South African National Parks to be built according to a "Touching the Earth Lightly" design. Named after a Khoe-Khoe Chieftain who lived there with her clan in the 18th century, the camp of 10 units provides pristine scenery of the park, Breede River and Langeberg Mountains - a perfect rest stop for visitors.
Each unit of the Lang Elsies Kraal rest camp boasts majestic views of the Breede River valley and Langeberg mountains, from private sun-decks. There are 10 units accommodating up to four people with two single beds (double bed on request) and a double sleeper couch.
Universal access is a key principle applied in the planning of the camp. All 10 units have ramps throughout and are accessible to wheelchairs. Two of the 10 units are designed with bathrooms and living spaces specially adapted to special-needs requirements.
41 Camping and Caravan sites are located close to the Breede River - the perfect location to enjoy a little downtime with family or friends. Some sites are equipped with electricity while others are not.
A maximum of six persons per site is allowed. Not all sites are equipped with electrical outlets and no private generators are permitted. Sites can be arranged in either of the following ways (additional vehicles will pay extra):
- One caravan with a side tent and one vehicle;
- One tent and one vehicle;
- One autovilla or motorised caravan.
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
- All accommodation is serviced daily and fully equipped with crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, bedding, towels and soap.
- Check-in time for accommodation is 14:00 on the day of arrival. Check-out time on the day of departure is 10:00 at the Park Reception. No after-hours check-ins are permitted.
- If guests arrive after the gate closing time, they are to report at Reception the following day before 09:00.
- All units are self-catering.
- Sheets and towels will be changed every three days.
- Guests should bring their own wood.
- Tap water comes from a well-point and is safe to drink.
Ready to Book?
After a once-off registration, you can: Book New Reservations, Review Existing Reservations (amend or cancel, download PDF letters, pay outstanding amounts), Update Your Profile, etc.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- The Hessekwa traded with the first Dutch settlers who landed in Cape Town in 1652
Min: 2°C / Max: 12°C