There are a number of game drive options available:
- Booking in advance is essential.
Tel: +27 (0)42 233 8657
Fax: + 27 (0)86 5325363
|Type of drive||Time of drive||Maximum persons||Minimum persons||Price per person|
|Sunrise||06:00 a.m. (summer)
07:00 a.m. (winter)
|Sundowner||18:00 p.m. (summer)
16:00 p.m. (winter)
|30||2||R470 including drinks & snacks|
|Night||19:00 p.m. (summer)
18:00 p.m. (winter)
- Please note that sunrise, sunset and night drive departure times vary according to season. It is important to check the current departure times with the game drives office when making a booking.
- Each game drive lasts approximately two hours. No refunds are given.
- Children under the age of six years are not allowed on these drives. Children under 12 years pay half price.
- Please check in at the game drives office 15 minutes prior to departure of the drive.
- Game drives depart from main camp only. Guests staying at the Spekboom Tented Camp arent able to participate in the sunset or night drives as the gates are closed.
- Self-drive game viewing in guests' own vehicles is also available at no cost.
The Hop-on guides are a group of guides, sourced from the communities adjacent to the park, who operate their own business within the park, providing guiding services for visitors in the comfort of their own vehicles.
|Per two hour guided drive in your own vehicle|
|For a car||R210|
|For an eight seater vehicle||R260|
|For a minibus||R320|
|For a bus (18 - 30 seater)||R390|
|For a bus (coach)||R550|
|Note: Fees are payable directly to the guide|
- Operating hours: 08:00 a.m. - 17:00 p.m.
- Meet the guides at the game area gate of the park or book via firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors may enjoy wildlife viewing in their own vehicles during the opening hours of the park's game gate. Opening times change according to season.
In this case, the visitor pays only the conservation fee – per day, or per night for overnight visitors.
Sunny< br>Min: 21°C / Max: 29°C
Official Guide on Sale
This 52-page full-colour brochure gives the visitor a complete overview of the Park, its fauna and flora, history, new developments, accommodation and activities. Highly recommended! Available from the park directly.
Did You Know?
- The park boasts the Big Seven: (elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo, leopard, southern right whale and great white shark)