Donate to this Cause
Please complete the form below in full to submit a donation. Fields marked with * are required.
About this Cause
As part of the SANParks’ mandate to conserve and sustain natural resources, a Greening and Management Plan has been introduced to local communities adjacent to KNP which is aiming to encourage a clean, green, safe and healthy environment.
Part of the objectives to achieve this plan is to conserve and sustain the environment and natural resources, planting of indigenous plants as well as encouraging community involvement through waste management, wetlands management, combating land degradation, encouragement of small scale farming by allocation of space for vegetable gardening working within the seven park forums with communities that are closer to the park fence/20km radius.
- To develop and implement greening project, driven by People and Conservation officials and other stakeholders, which is aiming to promote sustainable management of natural resource use for a clean, green, safe and healthy environment.
- To create awareness outside the Park about the dangers of littering.
- To get a buy-in from all interested parties in the fight against littering in local communities and the main road.
- To establish a small business opportunity through development of recycled projects and natural resource use to the affected communities
- SANParks management, local municipalities, park forum members and relevant stakeholders to stand in support of the greening project and its steering committees to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Local schools and creches
- Home based care
- Tribal Authorities
- Community halls
- Small scale farming/schemes
- Main roads leading to parks gates (illegal dumping areas)
- Rivers and streams flowing across the park
- Clinics and hospitals
- Wetland areas
- Eroded areas
- Park fences
- Shopping complex
- Awareness campaigns
- Community workshops
- Educators workshops
- Stakeholders engagements/forums
- Conferences and summits
- Clean-up campaigns
- Tree planting
- Traditional leaders imbizo’s
- Development of waste management/sort-out stations
- Development of community nurseries