For people staying in Cradock, Mountain Zebra offers an excellent day visitor destination. There are a couple of picnic sites in the park to cater for day and overnight visitors.
Fuel Stations: Petrol/ Diesel
Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery):
- South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- 1 October to 31 March - 07:00 to 19:00
- 1 April to 30 September - 07:00 to 18:00
Check-in & Check-out times
- Check-in time is from 14:00 onwards.
- Check-out time is 10:00 on the day of departure.
- Check-in and check-out at 12:00
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.
Hints & Tips
- Remember to bring along a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and bird and mammal reference books. Hikers on both nature trails and overnight trail must carry sufficient water.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Warm clothes are essential for the winter months.
- Visitors can only alight from vehicles at restcamp, picnic spots and certain marked areas.
- Pets are not allowed in national parks.
- Firearms must be declared at the entrance gate where they will be sealed. The seal will be broken upon departure.
- Motorcycles or bicycles are not allowed.
- Medical, pharmaceutical, vehicle repair and police services available in Cradock.
For enquiries email Mountain Zebra National Park or phone us on the following numbers:
- Park: Tel +27 (0) 48 881 2427 or 3434
- Fax: +27 (0) 48 881 3943
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?