- Mountain Zebra National Park's Rest Camp is located about 12 kilometres from the entrance gate and offers comfortable family cottages, a campsite with communal facilities, a restaurant and a shop. The Guesthouse and two Mountain Cottages are located further into the Park.
- All accommodation is serviced daily and provided with bedding, towels and soap.
- Accommodation is self-catering and a braai unit is provided at all units and campsites.
Family cottages (FA4) have a lounge with fireplace and two bedrooms, one with a queen bed and the other with two single beds. The bathroom has a bath and shower. The open-plan kitchen is fully equipped. Cottages are furnished with an air conditioner and television. Two units are universally accessible (FA4Z).
Two mountain cottages (4x2 MC) provided a secluded rustic experience for visitors with high clearance vehicles. Umthombo (meaning "Fountain") is located near the Weltevrede picnic site and Bakana (meaning: "Beacon") in Berghofkloof. These huts can only be accessed with 4x4 or 2x4 (with diff lock) vehicles.
- Each hut has two bedrooms with bedding and towels provided (one with double bed and one with two single beds) and a third "hikers bedroom" with six bunk beds (own bedding required).
- The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, solar-powered fridge/freezer and cutlery, crockery & cooking utensils. There is no electricity.
- A hot water shower (gas-powered) and toilet are located outside the hut.
- There is an outside braai area as well as indoor braai area / fireplace.
The Camping ground is located close to the Reception, with 20 sites. All sites are equipped with 220V power points and a braai unit. Campsites are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be pre-booked.
- There is a communal ablution with showers and baths as well as a communal kitchen with fridge, freezer, microwave and stove plates.
- A washing machine and dryer are available. Tokens can be bought at Reception at R10 per token. One token washes a medium-sized load.
- A maximum of six persons, one caravan with a side tent and one vehicle, or one tent and one vehicle, or one autovilla or one motorised caravan are permitted per site.
- The camping area is sited on a mixture of earth and grass. Some sites are shaded. Sites are closed periodically to allow grass to regrow.
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?