Invigorating crystal clear air, beautiful scenery, tranquil ambience and an abundance of wildlife offer you a special and personal African wilderness experience at Mountain Zebra National Park.
The mountain cottages (4x2 MC) provided a secluded rustic experience for visitors with high clearance vehicles. Umthombo (meaning "Fountain") is located near the Weltevrede picnic site and Bakana (meaning: "Beacon") in Berghofkloof. These huts can only be accessed with 4x4 or 2x4 (with diff lock) vehicles. Read more...
Game viewing as never before. An opportunity to track the elusive Mountain Zebra National Park cheetahs on foot. Drive out with your guide to search for them. When signal from a collared cheetah is found, you will have the opportunity to get closer on foot. An unforgettable experience that will bring you up closer to nature than ever before.
- Park restaurant and Shop email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and Telephone: (048) 801 5700 / 5701
- Remember to bring along a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and bird and mammal reference books. Hikers on both nature trails and overnight trail must carry sufficient water.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Warm clothes are essential for the winter months.
- Visitors can only alight from vehicles at restcamp, picnic spots and certain marked areas.
- Firearms must be declared at the entrance gate where they will be sealed. The seal will be broken upon departure.
- Motorcycles or bicycles are not allowed.
- Medical, pharmaceutical, vehicle repair and police services available in Cradock.
Where To Stay
Golden Kudu - Luxury LodgesView All Luxury Lodges
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Camping in Mountain Zebra
Dear campers/prospective campers: We are in the process of paving 15 camping sites, with work set to finish on 30 September. Please bear with us over the next two weeks as this is necessary to address our challenge of grass maintenance during these water scarce times. We apologise for any disturbance during this time.
Change of Mountain Zebra Park Restaurant Operating Times
Please note that due to operational reasons, the Mountain Zebra Park Restaurant trading hours have changed to the following from 06 March 2017:
- Open from 11h00 till 21h00 (daily)
Take-away coffee, tea and light breakfast snacks are available at our shop from 07h15 daily. The shop trading hours are from 07h00 to 19h00.
Certain breakfast menu items will be available for brunch from 11h00.
Groups of 10 or more who require a breakfast can book in advance up to 48 hours before their visit and discuss breakfast options with the restaurant manager. Bookings can be made on email@example.com or Tel: 048 801 5712.
Guests who require early departures can order a take-away breakfast pack up to 24 hours in advance from the restaurant.
For more information and bookings:
Tel: 048 8015712 (restaurant manager)
048 801 5700 (switchboard)
060 478 2406 (duty manager cell)
Park Shop and Restaurant
The Park’s Shop and Restaurant are currently not stocking liquor. Guests are requested to bring along their own alcoholic beverages. Soft drinks, juice and waters are still readily available.
6 Things To Seek
- Cape buffalo
- Cape mountain zebra
- Blue crane
- Denham's bustard
- 7th September 2017 - Media Release: Free access week to Mountain Zebra National Park
- 6th September 2017 - Mountain Zebra National Park excel at achievement awards
Posted by: chouboule (23rd August 2017)
Posted by: DinkyBird (30th July 2017)
Posted by: DinkyBird (30th July 2017)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?