Invigorating crystal clear air, beautiful scenery, tranquil ambience and an abundance of wildlife offer you a special and personal African wilderness experience at Mountain Zebra National Park.
The mountain cottages (4x2 MC) provided a secluded rustic experience for visitors with high clearance vehicles. Umthombo (meaning "Fountain") is located near the Weltevrede picnic site and Bakana (meaning: "Beacon") in Berghofkloof. These huts can only be accessed with 4x4 or 2x4 (with diff lock) vehicles. Read more...
Game viewing as never before. An opportunity to track the elusive Mountain Zebra National Park cheetahs on foot. Drive out with your guide to search for them. When signal from a collared cheetah is found, you will have the opportunity to get closer on foot. An unforgettable experience that will bring you up closer to nature than ever before.
- Park restaurant and Shop email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and Telephone: (048) 881 2427 / 3434
- Remember to bring along a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and bird and mammal reference books. Hikers on both nature trails and overnight trail must carry sufficient water.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Warm clothes are essential for the winter months.
- Visitors can only alight from vehicles at restcamp, picnic spots and certain marked areas.
- Firearms must be declared at the entrance gate where they will be sealed. The seal will be broken upon departure.
- Motorcycles or bicycles are not allowed.
- Medical, pharmaceutical, vehicle repair and police services available in Cradock.
Where To Stay
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
New units being constructed
Due to MZNP’s gaining popularity, more units are being built to allow more visitors to enjoy the Park. Please bear with us as there will be some construction noise in the rest camp between 09:00 and 17:00. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Construction is estimated to be finalised by March 2017.
6 Things To Seek
- Cape buffalo
- Cape mountain zebra
- Blue crane
- Denham's bustard
- No current news, please check back later
Posted by: Karin Mitton (13th December 2016)
Posted by: SHR PR & Media (17th October 2016)
Posted by: SHR PR & Media (25th August 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?