How to get there
- Please see detailed directions from various areas: Johannesburg, Durban and Bloemfontein.
- Equidistant from Johannesburg, Durban and Bloemfontein.
- Easily accessible via excellent tarred road.
- Public road runs through the park.
- Roads in the park are tarred.
- Basotho Cultural Village Rest Camp:
- It is only 55km from Harrismith and the N3. It is sited along the Maluti Drakensburg Route only 350km from Pietermaritzburg, 330km from Bloemfontein and 320km from Johannesburg.
- The village is only 42km away from the renowned Clarens, a tourist Mecca of the Free State Province through the scenic Golden Gate Highlands National Park.
The gates in Golden Gate do not close. The road running through the Park is a public road which does not allow for the installation of any boom gates. Gate control is done at both receptions (Golden Gate Hotel and Glen Reenen Rest Camp) on arrival.
S 28° 30'5"
E 28° 34'43
Gate Registration & Indemnity Form
View and download maps.
Hotel and Chalet Bookings
Did You Know?
Min: 17°C / Max: 31°C