- Day visitors are welcome and there are facilities to cater for them.
- Day visitors hours are from 07:00-18:00
- Remember to bring a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and wildlife reference books.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Hikers on day and overnight trails must always carry sufficient water.
- Take cool or light clothing for summer and warm for winter – area prone to sudden weather changes.
- 07:00 to 19:00
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in a National Park
- Firearms must be declared.
- Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery) - South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- Malaria prophylactics and mosquito repellents are a good precaution. Malaria has been historically recorded in the area but is not very prevalent. Please consult your chemist/doctor to alleviate any concerns.
- Vehicle repairs, medical services, post office and police: Kakamas (40km).
- Shoes must be worn on summer evenings to avoid scorpion stings.
- Bicycles, roller blades and skateboards are not allowed.
- You may enter the Park with motorcycles and are allowed to stay in the camping site.
- For reservations and availability, please e-mail Central Reservations or phone them on +27 (0)12 428 9111
- For any other enquiries, e-mail Augrabies Falls National Park or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel: +27 (0) 54 452 9200
- Fax: +27 (0) 54 451 5003
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- that the rainfall can be as high as 400 mm per year, but also as low as 40 mm per year (July to June)? The average annual rainfall of 211 mm is based upon the weather bureau records since 1946.
Min: 14°C / Max: 30°C