Activities & Facilities
- Waterfall viewpoints walking distance from the restaurant complex.
- Game viewing at leisure using own vehicle.
- Klipspringer Hiking Trail: 3 days, 2 nights and a maximum of 12 persons per group, and minimum of 2 persons per group. Advance booking essential. Closed October to March due to heat.
- Dassie Nature Trail: This 5km self-guided hiking trail leads you on a circular route starting at the Rest Camp, following along the gorge to Arrow Point, then heading out into the veld by the Potholes and Moonrock before heading back to the Rest Camp. Maps are available at reception.
- Arrow Point (one hour)
- Potholes (one hour)
- Moon Rock (one hour)
- Night drives: minimum 4 persons required to secure, subject to availability. ***Please book directly with Park.***
- Mountain bikes are allowed inside the park provided cyclists remain on the official roads.
- The Wilderness Road is 94km long and will take approximately 6 hours to complete in a 4x4 vehicle. There is a scenic picnic spot halfway along the road with ablution and braai facilities.
- Several panoramic viewpoints can be visited inside the park, all of which give stunning vistas of the park, the gorge and the Orange River. These points also provide great opportunities to spot our local birdlife.
A community fund of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Picnic area for Day Visitors with ablution and barbecue facilities, and a swimming pool.
- Shop, Shibula Restaurant.
- No ATM facility available.
- Public telephones, fuel.
- Three swimming pools for residents and the pool hours are as follows:
- October to March - 6:30am to 7:30pm
- April to September - 7:30am to 5:30pm
- Information on birds, reptile and mammal species found in the park, is available at reception on request
- Conference Facilities
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Sunny< br>Min: 20°C / Max: 34°C
Did You Know?
- that the rainfall can be as high as 400 mm per year, but also as low as 40 mm per year (July to June)? The average annual rainfall of 211 mm is based upon the weather bureau records since 1946.