Skip to Content


Some of the most frequently asked questions that may assist in addressing your queries.

FAQs - Reservations:

How long can we book in advance?

Normally bookings open 11 months in advance. When the school holidays extend over two months - a feasible date will be indicated on our website when bookings will open for this period - follow below link:

Moving reservations from one park to another?

Guests are allowed to move their reservation from one park to another without any penalty fee costs as long as the booking not paid, however once the booking is partially or fully paid they have to be cautious when moving their booking to another park as T’s & C’s will apply. (Please see refer to our terms and conditions).

Moving part of the itinerary from one park to another or Moving part of the itinerary to future date within the same park?

If the client has booked more than one multiple itinerary from different camps under the same reservation and such reservation is partially or fully paid, no partial part of such booking will be allowed to be moved from one park to another. Guest will only have one option of moving the entire booking, reservations may not be split.

Why Kgalagadi, Lower Sabie, Satara and Tsitsikamma are always full on opening days?

These mentioned parks/camps are the highly demanded products amongst the SANParks. These products are not only offered to South African citizens, but also to the global world, which could result in limited chances of accommodating every request, as we operate on a first come first serve basis and SANParks does not limit or control the number of units booked by each guests.

What details/ Information is required to make a booking?

The required details are: Full names, Identity or Passport Number, Contact Numbers, Emails Address, Residential or Postal Address, requested Dates, required National park or camps and type of accommodations client would like to reserve, Number of PAX (specify number of adults and kids and the age of the children).

What criteria is used for people with disability or pensioner to qualify for discount?

Pensioner have to be 60 years old to qualify for the discount and disabled persons have to be on government social grant payroll (SASSA) to be granted a discount. Refer to our pensioner discount policy.

Why do you have to complete certificate of fitness when participating on trails/walks?

It is required to declare individual fitness and ability to complete the trails or walks.

How to book activities if you sleep outside the national park?

Bookings will done directly through the park(s) gates or receptions.

Where do I book 4x4 trails?

Central Reservations Specialised Division (012-428 9111) is the right start enquire, as not all national parks 4 x 4 trails are handled by the specialised division.

Can I use my credit when I book online?


How do I get my refund (RSA residents and international visitors)?

To assist us to process your refund - please forward either of the following:

  • A copy of a cancelled cheque or the top part of a bank statement to verify your bank details.
  • The account holder name (same as the reservation holder).
  • The account number
  • Type of account
  • Reservation number with the document

International guests – please note we also need the below requirements:

  • Swift code
  • Address of bank
  • Name of bank

Payments methods?

Guests can make use of bank/or electronic transfer or use our secure online payment options. Refer to our website.

What is the difference between paying Conservation fee vs having a Wild card?

This would be determined by the length of stay in the Parks as well as the client’s itinerary, group dynamic, and nationality. The conservation levies applicable must be compared to the wild card option best suited to the guests. See link to wild card:

Why do I have to pre-book a day visit where as I have a Wild card?

Advanced Bookings for Day Visitors

  • There is a maximum threshold of visitors that can enter the park daily
  • If this threshold is reached only visitors with pre-booked overnight accommodation will be permitted access. Such situations tend only to arise in extreme cases such as public holidays and long weekends.
  • Advanced day visitor bookings can be made via our Online Bookings.
  • Kruger National Park allows advance reservations for day visits, in addition to the conservation fees payable via various Reservation Offices.
  • A booking fee is payable when making an advanced day booking.
  • Pre-booked day visits must be paid in advance, on or before the deposit due date
  • Guests who book one day in advance must pay when the booking is made.
  • Wild card members have to pay this “advance booking fee” if they want to pre-book their day visit.

FAQs - Accommodation:

What to bring if booked accommodation in our parks (e.g. must I bring towels, bedding) and in the bird hides?

All accommodation is serviced daily and provided with bedding, towels and soap with the exception of camp sites.

Sleepover Hides:
Mattresses, bed linen and basic cutlery and crockery are available for the sleeping hides and are available for Shipandani at Mopani Camp and for the Sable Dam Hide at Phalaborwa Gate – deposit amounts are payable for SANParks security.

The Shipandani Hide can be reserved through the SANParks Central Reservation System or directly from the Mopani Camp. A maximum of 6 people can sleep over. Only one party may occupy the hide on a given night. Parties may not sleep at the hide for more than one night at a time. People who have an additional booking at Mopani will receive a discounted rate on the accommodation.

The Sable Dam Hide can only be reserved through the Phalaborwa Gate. A maximum of 9 people can sleep over. Only one party may occupy the hide on a given night. Parties may not sleep at the hide for more than one night at a time.

Where do we check in for Balule, Tshukulu, Roodewal and Boulders?

  • Balule check in at Olifants.
  • Roodewal check in at Olifants or Satara.
  • Boulders check in at Mopani.

FAQs - Facilities:

Swimming pool (which parks/camps, have/have no pools)?

There are swimming pools at the following camps: Berg-en-Dal, Letaba, Lower Sabie, Mopani, Olifants, Orpen, Pretoriuskop, Punda Maria, Satara, Shingwedzi and Skukuza (2 pools). These pools are for camp residents only.

There are additional pools for day visitors at the Skukuza and Letaba Day Visitor Areas.

Camps that do not offer pools are Bush Camps and Satellite Camps – see below:

Bushveld Camps
Bush camps provide accommodation in smaller, more remote rest camps. One or more accommodation units may be reserved. Bush camps do not have shops or restaurants. Access to all bushveld camps is restricted to overnight visitors with reserved accommodation. Electrical equipment such as hair-dryers, cannot be used except at Talamati, Biyamiti and Bateleur. Open verandas often serve as kitchen/dining room. All units have a refrigerator, cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery and a stove, either a two-plate stove without an oven or a four-plate stove with an oven in the larger units. Al l units have private ablution facilities. Communal freezing facilities are offered at Biyamiti, Shimuwini, Talamati and Sirheni. Cell phones can be charged at reception at Shimuwini and Sirheni.

Satellite Camps


SANParks is proud to have introduced greater value for money, high quality dining offerings in the KNP in recent times. Please visit camps such as Lower Sabie, Satara, Olifants and Letaba to experience Mugg and Bean's food at some of the most scenic settings or come and experience a Wimpy meal with a difference in Pretoriuskop, tailored to blend into National Parks. Apart from this you could experience a hearty welcome from the staff at Tindlovu - place of the elephants -in the Mopani and Berg-en-Dal camps. In Skukuza, great steaks and mouth-watering meals at the Cattle Baron steakhouse and bistro awaits. Please use below link for contact details:

Camps that do not offer restaurants are Bush Camps and Satellite Camps.

Shop – which camps have/have no shops?

All of the park's main rest camps have retail facilities for both curios and basic provisions. The larger camps have a better selection of stock. These shops used to be run by SANParks, but it was decided to outsource the function to an organisation specializing in the retail industry.

After a thorough tendering process, the contract was awarded to Tiger's Eye.

Can we make special request for restaurants?

Yes, special arrangement can be done with the restaurant direct for functions or diet requirements.

Are there Braai facilities?

All the Rest Camps have braai facilities at the accommodation unit or camping site as well as communal kitchen facilities.

Do you have laundry facilities in your camps?

Certain parks/camps offer these facilities, refer to each park's facilities page for detailed description.

ATM’s in the parks/camps?

Some of our national parks have ATM’s facilities, please refer to each park under facilities.

Filling stations in your parks/camps?

Some of our national parks have ATM’s facilities, please refer to each park under facilities for detailed description.

FAQs - Activities:

From what age is? allowed to participate on game drives/walks/trails

Note that children under the age of 6 are not permitted to take part on the game drives this is for their own safety. Game walks the participants must be 12 and older.

Who do we book the Skukuza golf course with?

For Golf reservations and enquiries please contact the Club at: (013) 735 5543.

Use the below link for more information:

Does SANParks offer guided tours using guest transport?

No, we only offer our own guide tour services using our own vehicles. All guests need to make guided tour reservations prior to arrival to avoid disappointments.

FAQs - Travel:

Direction maps within Kruger (can be bought at the gates and camp shops)?

Please use the link below for all GPS points in the Parks:"

Does SANParks arrange transport facilities for pick up’s and drop off from the near Airports?

Unfortunately, SANParks does not offer any transport facilities for drop offs and pickups at any Airports. Guest have arrange own transportation to access our parks. (Guests may make use of the Car Rentals agencies as an option).

Does SANParks allow open vehicles or motorcycles in the national parks?

Not all our national parks allow open vehicles or motorcycles, please contact our friendly central reservations for advice which park you may use the open vehicles or motorcycles.

Are all the roads in the national parks tarred?

There are certain National Parks which are tarred and some which are not tarred. Please contact our friendly central reservations for advice which park you may use the open vehicles or motorcycles.

Is a passport required at the border posts within the national parks?

Yes, you are required to produce your passport at all SANParks border posts, as all our border posts comply with the South African government policies. Guests need to overnight (Min of 2 x nights) inside our parks before crossing to the other side.

What is the speed limit allowed inside the parks?

Maximum Speed limit is 50kph on tar roads and 40kph on gravel roads.

FAQs - Gate Information:

Addo Elephant National Park Gate Hours

07:00 – 19:00 throughout the year

Agulhas National Park Gate Hours

Main Entrance Gate: 07:00 - 19:00

Visitors with accommodation bookings can still enter and exit the gate after closing times but before 22:00, with prior arrangement made at the Reception.

Augrabies Falls National Park Gate Hours

07:00 – 18:30

Please note that although the gate is manned 24 hours a day, you need to make prior arrangements with the park if you plan to arrive after 18.30 or wish to leave before 07:00

Bontebok National Park Gate Hours

1 October to 30 April: 07:00 - 19:00

1 May to 30 September: 07:00 - 18:00

Camdeboo National Park Gate Hours

Valley of Desolation Gates Jan - Feb Mar Apr May June July-Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
Open 06:00 06:00 06:30 07:00 07:00 07:00 06:30 06:00 06:00 06:00
Close 20:00 19:30 19:00 18:30 18:00 18:30 19:00 19:30 20:00 20:30
Game Viewing Area & Lakeview Gates Jan - Feb Mar Apr May June July-Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
Open 06:00 06:00 06:30 07:00 07:00 07:00 06:30 06:00 06:00 06:00
Close 19:30 19:00 18:30 18:00 17:30 18:00 18:30 19:00 19:30 20:00

Golden Gate Highlands National Park Gate Hours

05:00 – 22:00

Arrivals after 22:00 are not permitted.

The reception office is open from 07:30 to 20:00.

Visitors with reserved accommodation who arrive after 20:00 may collect the keys to their accommodation at the entrance gate.

Karoo National Park Gate Hours

05:00 – 22:00

Arrivals after 22:00 are not permitted.

The reception office is open from 07:00 to 20:00.

Visitors with reserved accommodation who will arrive after 20:00 must make prior arrangements to collect the keys to their accommodation at the entrance gate. Please call the camp at Tel +27 (0)23 415 2828.

Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park Gate Hours

The Main Entrance Gate to the park at Twee Rivieren opens daily at 07:00

January 05:30 – 19:30


06:00 – 19:30


06:30 – 19:00


07:00 – 18:30


07:00 – 18:00

June and July

07:30 – 18:00


07:00 – 18:30


06:30 – 18:30


06:00 – 19:00

November and December

05:30 – 19:30

Kruger National Park Gate Hours

Gate Times













Entrance Gates Open













Camp Gates Open













All Gates Close













Is late arrival permitted in our parks? If yes what is the procedure, if no why?

  1. Latecomers at entrance gates will be refused entry, whilst offenders at rest camps will be warned and fined if they are repeat offenders.
  2. Late entry escorts (at a fee- currently R500.00 per vehicle) are available at the following gates for the camp in brackets only. This is only available until 21:00. Escorts depart every half hour until this time:
  • Paul Kruger (Skukuza)
  • Numbi (Pretoriuskop)
  • Malelane (Berg-en-Dal and Malelane)
  • Crocodile Bridge gate (Crocodile Bridge Camp)
  • Punda Maria gate (Punda Maria Camp)
  • Orpen gate (Orpen Camp)
  • No late admission at Phabeni, Phalaborwa and Pafuri
  • Gate Security will phone camp duty phone when there are guests and transport is arranged. If guests advise in advance, then trips can be better planned.

Mapungubwe National Park Gate Hours

From 06:00 to 18:30 from September to March

From 06:30 to 18:00 from April to August

Marakele National Park Gate Hours

Gate opens at 06:00 and closes at 18:00 - 1st Sept to 30th April

Gate opens at 06:00 and closes at 17:30 - 1st May to 31st August

Mokala National Park Gate Hours

Months Times

16 October - 15 March

07:00 - 19:00

16 March - 30 April

07:00 - 18:00

1 May - 31 July

07:00 - 17:30

1 August - 15 October

07:00 - 18:00

Mountain Zebra National Park Gate Hours

1 October to 31 March: 07:00 - 19:00

1 April to 30 September: 07:00 - 18:00

Namaqua National Park Gate Hours

Gate Hours 08:00 to 17:00

Table Mountain National Park Gate Hours



Entry and Exit Times

Cape Point

Winter: April - September

07:00 - 17:00


Summer: October - March

06:00 - 18:00


Winter: April - September

08:00 - 17:00


Summer: December - January

07:00 - 19:30


February - March

08:00 - 18:30


October - November

08:00 - 18:30

Silvermine Gate 1


Winter : May - August

08:00 - 17:00

Summer : September - April

07:00 - 18:00

Silvermine Gate 2 All year round 08:00 - 18:00


Winter : June - September (Only on weekends and public holidays)

08:00 - 18:00


Summer: October - April

08:00 - 18:00


Winter: June - September



Summer: October - March

09:00 - 17:00


Holidays and weekends

09:00 - 17:00

Tokai Forest

Winter : April - September

08:00 - 17:00


Summer : October - March

07:00 - 18:00

Newlands Forest

Winter: June - September



Summer : October - April (open everyday - weekdays and weekends)

08:00 - 18:00

Tankwa Karoo National Park Gate Hours

There are no formal entrance or exit gates for this Park.

No travelling is permitted during the following times:

  • 1 October to 31 March: 19:00 - 05:30
  • 1 April to 30 September: 18:00 - 06:30

Exemption is granted to visitors arriving on a Friday by no later than 21:00 at reception, to travel by means of most direct route to the reception and from the reception to their booked accommodation.

West Coast National Park Gate Hours

1 April to 31 August: 07:00 - 18:00

1 September to 31 March: 07:00 - 19:00

Ai-Ais / Richtersveld Transfrontier Park Gate Hours

1 October to 30 April: 07:00 – 19:00

1 May to 30 September: 07:00 – 18:00

FAQs - Malaria:

Malaria (which parks, what should you do before travelling)?

The risk of contracting malaria is often a concern when visiting the Kruger National Park. The Kruger is one of the two South African National Parks that are situated in malaria risk areas. The other park is Mapungubwe National Park. It is important to note that the risk of malaria in both of these parks is usually low, even in the summer months.

The risk of malaria can be reduced by preventing mosquito bites. Mosquitoes most often bite between dusk and dawn. People are advised to stay indoors during this period, or cover exposed skin with light clothing or insect repellents. Remember to spray one's ankles. Burning anti-mosquito coils and ensuring netted screens are kept closed will significantly reduce your risk for contracting insect bites. All of the accommodation available in Kruger is fitted with netted screens.

The choice of the appropriate drug that an individual should use is a decision that should be made in consultation with a medical doctor.

FAQs - People with Disabilities:

Where can I find information for people with disabilities in the parks?

This information can be found under the individual parks, but more extensive information is found by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and looking under Special Groups and People with Disabilities.

Can guide dogs be brought into the national parks?

Yes, but strict safety and vaccination requirements must be observed. Go to Special Groups and People with Disabilities and then under Disabilities click on Blind and Visually-impaired Access to view more information, but it is always advisable to contact the park in advance and never arrive at the park with your guide dog and no prior permission.

Is there any discount available to persons with disabilities to visit the parks?

Yes, but only very conditionally. While SANParks acknowledges and empathizes that persons with disabilities may be economically marginalised and have additional medical or mobility expenses that other guests might not have, we are also aware that disability is such a diverse and wide-ranging group and very difficult to narrow down. Offering discounts purely on disability is open to abuse and very difficult to regulate. Thus only persons with a South African state disability pension will qualify and for the same discount conditions and visitation periods that social pensioners qualify for.

Universal accessible units?

SANParks does offer Universal accessible units, bookings must to be done 11 months in advance through central reservations (first come first serve rule applies).

FAQs - Wild Card:

How does the Wild Card work?

What is the Wild Card?

Your Wild Card is the best way to explore Southern Africa’s wild spaces, as you’ll get 365 days of unlimited access to the parks and reserves in the cluster of your choice.

What does unlimited access mean?

If you have a valid Wild Card, you are entitled to unlimited access applicable to the type and cluster on your Wild Card, for 365 days at all our partner parks and reserves. As a member you don’t pay daily conservation fees – instead you pay an annual fee.

What benefits do I get with the Wild Card?

  • 365 days of unlimited access to Parks and reserves relevant to the cluster and type chosen.
  • You will receive our Wild Magazine four times in 365 days
  • Monthly e-newsletters, packed with news of the parks and wildlife stories.
  • Vibrant website -, updated daily with blogs on nature and travel.
  • Special offers and discounts for Wild Card members only.

Does the new Wild Card offer CashBack Rewards or some other benefits?

The new Wild Card programme no longer offers Cash Back Rewards, but you can expect many other exciting and more relevant benefits in future. In our survey we asked Wild Card members what matters to them so you can look forward to benefits that address your wants and needs.

Why does the new Wild Card have a pin if you currently can’t use it to earn or spend points?

The new pin, which will be issued to you with your new Wild Card, will grant you access to our Wild Card partner parks and reserves according to your Wild Card type and cluster. The new Wild Card will be issued to you with a default pin and when you use it for the first time, you will be given an option of creating your own pin which only you should know. As soon as the terminals are operational, you will be requested to enter your new pin every time you present your Wild Card at the park gates and also upon exit.

What should I do if I lose my pin number?

Please phone 0861 GO WILD (0861 46 9453) – an operator will ask you to verify your identity. Your previous pin number will be reset to a default and can be changed to the pin of your preference.

How do I get a Wild Card?

Can I still buy and renew my card online at

Yes, online is best because you can check your details are correctly entered and this paperless method is better for the environment. You can also buy or renew your card at or through any of the Wild Card partners’ websites.

How do I buy the Wild Card online?

Go to and click on ‘Purchase Membership’. Follow the easy steps to complete your transaction. You need a credit card to purchase membership online. Alternatively, purchase your Wild Card at SANParks Head Office or at specific Partner Parks or Reserves. For more information or assistance in this regard, please contact the Wild Card call centre on 0861 GO WILD (0861 46 9453).

Will my membership renewal be reflected on the new card system?

As soon as the terminals are operational, your membership renewal will automatically be updated on to your card at first use. To manually update your renewed membership on to your Wild Card, please contact the Wild Card call centre on 0861 GO WILD (0861 46 9453).

Should I purchase a Wild Card in advance and collect the card at the gate or would it be easier to buy at the gate on entry?

Cards are no longer issued in Parks, as they are now personalized, and will be posted to you by registered mail, or alternatively may be collected at SANParks Head Office in Pretoria only. It is thus best to purchase or renew your Wild Card online in advance in order to ensure receipt of your card prior to departure, remember this process takes up to four (4) weeks.

Should you not have received your card on time, do not worry, you will receive a Confirmation Letter at time of purchase, which will remain valid for 45 days from date of membership purchase and may be presented with proof of Identification when entering the parks.

If you have not purchased your membership in advance, you will be able to purchase membership at select gates and parks on arrival.

Can I buy a Wild Card at the parks?

You can still buy Wild Card membership at select gates , but you must complete the application process online at, within 45 days of purchase in order to receive your Wild Card. The actual cards are no longer issued at parks and reserves, but are dispatched from a central Pretoria office.

It’s best to purchase and renew online rather than upon arrival in the parks and reserves. This way you won’t waste valuable game-viewing time at the gate and you can ensure that your details are captured accurately.

I bought my Wild Card at the park and completed a membership form, why do I have to fill in my details online as well?

The registration of your Wild Card membership is complete only once you have updated through the website. Members are required to input their personal details and postal address online to ensure that the data is accurately captured. This electronic record is used to personalise your card and sent it to you, so it’s vital that the information is 100% accurate. We want to avoid cards being returned because the name has been misspelled or the postal address is wrong.

If I buy or renew my Wild Card now, how and when will I receive the actual card?

All Wild Cards are distributed from the central office in Pretoria and sent by registered mail to your postal address. Once you have purchased Wild Card membership, it should take no more than four weeks for the actual card to arrive if you have completed your purchase application on the web. Until such time as you receive the card, you can use your confirmation letter and proof of identification to visit parks and reserves.

lf you have membership under the Wild Card programme, you will be sent a card only once. Your new card will remain the same for membership renewal. On renewal, your renewed membership details will be updated on your existing Wild Card .

We are international clients. How do we apply for a Wild Card?

You can buy a new Wild Card online or at one of the Wild Card partner parks and reserves. It is however far better to purchase your new Wild Card online. Should you have any queries, please contact us on GO WILD (46 9453) or e-mail us at

Which Wild Card is right for me?

Is an Individual Card only for Adults?

Yes, this card can only be purchased for an Adult (anyone over the age of 18 years), the member must have a valid ID number for South Africans and Passport Number for SADC or International members.

Do I have to be married to get a Couple Card?

No, the Couple Card is for any two people – there doesn’t have to be any legal connection between them. The Couple Card can be used for two friends, siblings or romantic partners. BOTH parties must be listed with ID or passport numbers. This means the card is specific to the two people listed on it. This card could also be for two adults or one adult and one child.

How many people may be added to a Family Card?

The Family card allows for a maximum of seven people added to the card. This could thus be a maximum of two adults and five children or one adult and six children.

If I buy a Wild Card, could I bring a friend along on that card?

A Wild Card gives access to the people listed on that card. If you want access for two people, you have to buy a Couple Wild Card and enter your friend’s details on your card. The second person on the Couple Card is listed for the duration of the year – you cannot change the details to a new friend for every trip.

Can a foreigner living in South Africa purchase a Wild Card for locals?

Yes, but you have to provide proof of South African permanent or temporary residency or a work permit (valid for more than six months) to be eligible for the card. You will also be required to show this proof whenever you wish to access one of the partner parks. If you don’t have South African residency, you have to purchase an International Wild Card unless you are from a SADC country, in which case Local membership applies.

Can a foreigner living in South Africa purchase or renew a membership using an expired permit and/or documentation that indicates that they are awaiting approval of a permit extension from Home Affairs?

No, the permit should be valid for more than six months to be eligible for purchase/renewal of a Wild Card.

Can SADC residents purchase Local Cluster Cards?

Only citizens (nationals) of SADC countries qualify for the same benefits as South African residents.

As a SADC citizen, you must provide valid proof of your citizenship when you apply for a Local Cluster Card. You will also be required to show this proof whenever you wish to access one of the partner parks.

I have a residence/work permit for one of the neighbouring SADC countries; can I get a Local Cluster Wild Card?

Work permits or residence permits for other SADC states, are not accepted. In this case you will have to purchase an International Wild Card.

My partner is a foreigner with an international passport (no residency). Can we get the Couple Card for locals?

If your partner has no SA residence/work permit status, the only option would be for you to purchase a South African Individual Wild Card for yourself, an International Wild Card for your partner or an International Couple Card.

When making a purchase or renewal, can a child that is 18 years old or older, but still lives with me be or remain on my Family Card?

If there is only one adult member on a family card, the child that is over 18 can be a partner on the card, otherwise unfortunately he/she will need to obtain an Individual Wild Card for himself/herself.

I have a child who is mentally challenged and is 18 years or older, can he/she be on my Family card?

If the child that is over 18 is mentally challenged and has been certified by the doctor as being dependent on parents or guardian, then they are liable to be a child member on the card. You will need to send us proof of his/her condition when making the purchase to or fax to +2712 426 5480.

Are Lifetime Wild Cards still valid?

We will honour the Lifetime Wild Cards issued before 20 October 2010. However, we will not be issuing any new Lifetime Cards for the time being. We are looking at other options for our loyal pensioners and will communicate future options in due course.

What about the Table Mountain National Park or Cape Town Wild Card?

Table Mountain National Park (TMNP) has its own My Green Card, which is available only to Cape Town residents and replaced the Cape Town Wild Card. My Green Card operates separately from the Wild Card and has its own rules and requirements. More information can be obtained from the SANParks website or by contacting or 021 712 7471.

Can I use My Green Card as a Wild Card?

No, My Green Card can be used to access only Table Mountain National Park for 12 entries only but Wild Card will give you unlimited access to Table Mountain National Park (if your cluster permits you)and other parks of your chosen cluster.

Can I use my Wild Card for activities such as dog walking and mountain biking?

No, the TMNP My Activity Permit is required by individuals who regularly make use of the Park to undertake a specific/variety of activities. My Activity Permit operates separately from the Wild Card and has its own rules and requirements. More information can be obtained from the SANParks website or by contacting or 021 712 7471.

Does the cost of the My Activity permit include the cost of access?

Holders of an activity permit will not be required to pay the entrance fees when accessing TMNP pay points to carry out their specified activity.

How do I visit Parks & Reserves?

What do I need to do when I visit parks and reserves?

You will be allowed access to our partner parks with valid proof of identity PLUS one of the following:

  • a new (Earth) Wild Card, OR
  • a valid Wild Card Voucher, OR
  • a valid Wild Card Purchase/Renewal Confirmation Letter, OR
  • a valid Application Completion Request Letter, OR
  • a printed receipt of your Wild Card purchase (dated 20 October 2010 or subsequent)

How can I gain access to parks and reserves while waiting for my new card to arrive?

If you have purchased your membership on-line, you will be sent a Purchase Confirmation Letter, which will provide you with an Application and Receipt Number.

If you have purchased at a park (including partner parks), you will receive a Purchase Receipt, following which you will be e-mailed an Application Completion Request, which will request you to complete your application process on our website, in order for your card and magazine to be posted to you.

Both the Purchase Confirmation Letter and Application Completion Request, with valid proof of identification, will provide you with access to the parks for a limited period of time, in order to allow time for your card to be sent to you.

PLEASE NOTE: You will not receive your card or your Magazine, until you have completed your application process, as we will not have your postal address until this process is complete.

If Renewing your membership, your card will be updated the next time you access the parks, thus you may gain access to the parks, with your new Wild Card and/or confirmation letter as well as valid proof of identification. You will also be sent a Renewal Confirmation Letter for your records.

Can I use my ID to gain entry to parks and reserves?

With your ID alone you won’t gain access to the parks, resorts or reserves. You will be required to show proof of identity AND either your Wild Card, your receipt or your Confirmation Letter, all of which will be verified.

No-one told me the old Wild Card is no longer accepted. I’m now at the gate, are you going to let me in?

As long as your Wild Card membership is valid, you won’t be turned away. Your existing Wild Card number will be verified against our records.

If no match is found, you will be required to purchase new membership or pay conservation/entrance fees. You may then lodge a query on our Website, and send us proof of membership (purchase receipt), and upon further investigation, a refund will be considered where relevant.

Will I be allowed access to the Wild Card partner parks and reserves without my Wild Card present?

You will be allowed access to our partner parks with valid proof of identity PLUS one of the following:

  • a valid Wild Card Voucher, OR
  • a valid Wild Card Purchase/Renewal Confirmation Letter, OR
  • a valid Application Completion Request Letter, OR
  • a printed receipt of your Wild Card purchase (dated 20 October 2010 or subsequent)


If there is an error on my Wild Card (it does not reveal the number of persons covered by the Wild Card type, cluster or expiry date), how can I rectify the situation?

Please log a query on our website at or contact us on 0861 GO WILD (0861 46 9453) or Your current Wild Card details will be verified against our records. If there are discrepancies, you will be requested to supply your full details, which will be investigated by the Wild Card call centre.

I purchased the new Wild Card at a reserve a few months ago, but I haven’t received my card yet. What is the reason for the delay?

It could be that your membership details are incomplete and thus we have been unable to dispatch your new card. Please log a query on our website at or contact us on 0861 GO WILD (0861 46 9453) or

I purchased a new Wild Card membership a few months ago, but I haven’t received any copies of Wild magazine. What could be the problem?

Wild magazine is posted to all members who have purchased the new Wild Card and have updated their personal details online. If you haven’t received the magazine, it could be that your postal address is incorrect or incomplete. Please go to and click on ‘Update’ to check your personal details are correct.

How do I upgrade my existing membership to the new Wild Card programme?

If your membership is still valid, all you have to do is update your personal details on If you membership has expired, you can purchase the new Wild Card online.

What are all the Wild Card Numbers applicable and available for searching for membership, and where can they be found?

View the description of the various Wild Card numbers.

I had a Wild Card some years ago and want to join again. Do I need to renew my old card?

The old Wild Card is no longer valid, so simply purchase new membership on You will receive a new personalised Wild Card with your surname and initials that you can use in the years to come.

Can I link my accommodation reservation with my Wild Card?

In the future phases of the new Wild Card programme this will be possible.

I cannot view the letter in PDF on the Wild Card Website after a purchase/renewal has been completed.

Please ensure you have downloaded and installed the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Contact Us

Where can I obtain more information?

Visit, any of the wild partners’ websites - SANParks (, big game parks of Swaziland (, CapeNature (, Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife ( and Msinsi resorts ( – or phone us on 0861 GO WILD (0861 46 9453).

Who should I contact for queries?

You can log a query at or contact us at, or any of the Wild Card partners through their websites. Alternatively phone 0861 GO WILD, or send us an email to

Help! I can’t get hold of the call centre. How can I get in touch with someone who can help me and when is the soonest that I can expect a response?

You can log your query online at or send an e-mail to You should receive a response within 72 hours unless we are experiencing unexpected high query volumes.

FAQs - General:

Is liquor allowed in the parks?

Yes, overnight visitors to Parks will be allowed to bring in own alcohol for consumption in the privacy of their booked accommodation and the restaurants.

Day visitors are not allowed to enter the park with type of liquor.

Like day visitors, overnight visitors will be bound by the same rules of not drinking in public.

Is the water drinkable in your parks?

The water provided throughout Kruger is safe to drink. The sleepover hides require that you provide your own drinking water when you have an overnight booking.

Are generators allowed in the national parks?

No generators are allowed due to environmental caution.