- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
Media Release: Latest update on Kruger National Park flood notice
Date: 27th March 2012
Kruger National Park flood update as at 09:00 a.m. on 27 March 2012.
Bateleur, Berg- en- Dal, Biyamiti, Crocodile Bridge, Letaba (Day visitors swimming pool closed), Lower Sabie (except 6 tents), Malelane, Maroela, Mopani, Olifants, Orpen, Pretoriuskop, Punda Maria, Roodewal, Sable Dam Sleepover Hide, Satara, Shimuwini, Shingwedzi, Shipindane Hide, Sirheni, Skukuza & Talamati, Tsendze.
At Balule the campsite has reopened but the hut section is being repaired and still closed.
Tamboti has reopened as a number of tents are operational. However, a large portion of the camp remains closed and tents are to be replaced.
- Serious flood damage and is closed. Temporary toilet facilities have been provided.
Letaba Day Visitors Site
Lake Panic Birdhide
Access roads inside the park
All roads, except the following are open:
S25 (From S26 to S139, Biyamiti Low Level Bridge inaccessible), S33, S34, S84, S114 (from S23 to S139 - Biyamiti Weir closed), Sand River Low Level Bridge, H2-2 (Between Afsaal and S20 to Pretoriuskop), Balule Low Level Bridge, H1-5 (From S91 to H8).
Gates: All are open
- For Balule and Tamboti, where damage was extensive and reconstruction is expected to take several months, guests with bookings will be contacted in order to change bookings. Tamboti and Balule have reopened although many of the units will remain closed until repairs have been completed.
- There are no picnic facilities at all at Tshokwane. However, temporary toilet facilities are provided.
South African National Parks (SANParks)
Reynold Thakhuli 073 373 4999 or Gabrielle Venter 082 696 4724
Joep Stevens 082 802 8093