- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
A sleepover hide is a unique overnight experience, exclusively available for guests from half an hour prior to gate closing times.
It provides the opportunity for guests to enjoy complete privacy as the hide must be reserved in entirety (minimum of 2 and maximum of 6 guests at one time). Shipandane Sleepover Hide must be vacated half an hour after gate opening time.
- Sleeping units are contained in wooden structures that are locked to the inside wall of the hide by day.
- At night these structures fold down to construct a light bed base. Mattresses are kept in the cupboard at the hide. Bedding and cutlery box is available at Reception on payment of a deposit. Each bedding bag consists of a duvet, pillow, duvet cover, sheet, mattress protector and pillowcase.
- An environmental toilet is available for the overnight guests in a separate area on the hide perimeter.
- The living area comprises of boma with braai (barbeque) facilities. There is no electricity but two chargeable lamps, that operate for about 5 hours, are provided on request. Please bring your own lighting.
- Only the very perimeter of the facility is fenced and guests are advised to exercise caution at all times. Do not leave the enclosure at night.
- Eating utensils such as cutlery and crockery is provided for. The hide is fully self-catering and guests are advised to bring their own food, wood and water.
Shipandane Sleepover Hide is managed form Mopani camp and has no Reception area.
Guests are required to report to Mopani camp for check-in to acquire keys, bedding, braai grid and lamps. Accommodation at Shipandane is well suited for adventurous Guests who are looking for a primitive, close to nature, self-catering bushveld experience.
A community levy of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
Booking for this accommodation can only be done via telephone, fax, e-mail or in person.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The surface area of Kruger National Park is 7,580 squared miles (19,633 squared km).
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325