- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Shingwedzi Rest Camp
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
- 50 x tent or caravan sites, with power point and rotating braai (barbeque) grids. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities). Maximum of 6 persons per site.
- 12 x 3-bed rustic units with communal ablution facilities. There are no cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery, but a communal kitchen with scullery and electric hotplate stoves is available. A small fridge can be found on the little veranda. There is no air-conditioning.
- 18 x 2-bed units with communal kitchen. Bungalows are equipped with ablutions (most with showers, but some with baths), toilet and wash basin. All bungalows have air-conditioning. A limited number of fully equipped utensil boxes (cutlery, crockery, glasses and frying pan) are available for hire. Contact reception upon check-in.
- 18 x 2-bed modern units (one room with 2 single beds). Bungalows each have an open air kitchen with cooker top, combined fridge/freezer and fully equipped with cutlery, crockery and utensils. All units have air conditioning.
- 28 x 5-bed units (1 room with 3 single beds and 2 single beds in loft) with kitchens. Bungalows are equipped with toilet, a shower and wash basin. All bungalows are equipped with air-conditioning.
- 2 x 2-bed unit (one with a double bed). Equipped with en-suite bathroom containing shower, toilet and wash basin. Bungalows each have an open-air kitchen with cooker top, combined fridge/freezer and are fully equipped with cutlery, crockery and utensils.
- 1 x 4-bed unit, (1 room with double bed and 1 with 2 single beds), fully equipped with 2 bathrooms, (1 en-suite) kitchen and air-conditioning. The open air kitchen has a cooker plate, dining room/lounge and outside braai facility, fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. The cottage is not equipped with a microwave oven.
- This is a large luxury unit in prime position with a riverside view. It is well–equipped with kitchen (with microwave oven), 3 bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV television is provided. There are also communal braai (barbecue) facilities.
- Rentmeester: Sleeps 8, with 3 bedrooms, (2 bedrooms with double bed, 1 bedroom with 2 single beds and a double sleeper couch in the lounge).
Accommodation at Shingwedzi Rest Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a self-catering bushveld experience. Why rush? Stay longer!
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- On 31 May 1926 the National Parks Act was proclaimed and with it the merging of the Sabie and Shingwedzi Game Reserves into the Kruger National Park. The first motorists entered the park in 1927 for a fee of one pound.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325