- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
A sleepover hide is a unique overnight experience, exclusively available for guests from half an hour prior to gate closing times.
It provides the opportunity for guests to enjoy complete privacy as the hide must be reserved in entirety (minimum of 2 and maximum of 9 guests at one time). Sable sleepover hide must be vacated half an hour after gate opening times.
- Sleeping units are contained in wooden structures that are locked to the inside wall of the hide by day.
- At night these structures fold down to construct a light bed base. Mattresses can be found in the cupboard at the hide. If required, bedding is available at Reception on payment of a deposit. Each bedding bag consists of a duvet, pillow, duvet cover, sheet, mattress protector, pillowcase and mosquito net.
- An environmental toilet is available for the overnight guests in a separate area on the hide perimeter.
- The living area comprises of boma with braai (barbeque) facilities. There is no electricity. (One light, that operates for about 5 hours, is provided on request.) Please bring your own lighting.
- Only the very perimeter of the facility is fenced and guests are advised to exercise caution at all times. Your vehicle may be pulled into the lapa at the hide during the night for safety purposes. Do not leave the enclosure at night.
- No cooking utensils such as cutlery, crockery or any other cooking equipment is provided. The hide is fully self-catering and guests are advised to bring their own food, wood and water.
Sable Sleepover Hide is managed form Phalaborwa Gate and has no Reception area.
Guests are required to report to Phalaborwa Gate for check-in to acquire keys, bedding, braai grid and light. Accommodation at Sable hide is well suited for adventurous Guests who are looking for a primitive, close to nature, self-catering bushveld experience.
A community levy of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
Booking for this accommodation can only be done via telephone, fax, e-mail or in person.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- There is ample evidence that prehistoric man, Homo erectus, roamed the area between 500 000 and 100 000 years ago.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325