- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Orpen Rest Camp
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
The closest airport to Orpen is Eastgate Airport that is situated in Hoedspruit. The airport is approximately 68 km from Orpen Gate.
By Road: Orpen Gate
Head toward Nelspruit on the N4 and take the R540 Belfast turn off. At Lydenburg turn left onto the R36 heading north. 30 km before Hoedspruit turn right onto the R531 and head to the gate. Allow between 4 to 5 hours for the trip to the gate. Orpen camp is right at the gate.
See the relevant gate times for Kruger's camps.
Check out the list of all your GPS coordinates for Kruger's camps.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The park was first proclaimed in 1898 as the Sabie Game Reserve by the then president of the Transvaal Republic, Paul Kruger. He first proposed the need to protect the animals of the Lowveld in 1884, but his revolutionary vision took another 12 years to be realised when the area between the Sabie and Crocodile Rivers was set aside for restricted hunting.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325