Enterprise and Supplier Development
The Enterprise and Supplier Development Strategy is developed to provide guidance to SANParks on how these enterprises can be better served and supported to create jobs and contribute to the national government’s objectives of sustained economic development and employment creation.
SANParks plans to invest resources and effort to supporting SMMEs in order to have a greater impact in stimulating job creation, reducing unemployment and addressing inequalities in rural and underdeveloped areas and Townships bordering National Parks in line with the national government’s Industrial Policy Action Plan (IPAP), the New Growth Path (NGP) and the National Development Plan (NDP).
The SANParks Transformation Strategy recommends that Parks must take responsibility and accountability for transformation in their local area. Broader transformation goals include:
- Identification and training of Black people (as per a BBBEE) within the local community as per a predetermined percentage.
- Identification and development of local SMME’s as per a predetermined percentage.
- The number of SMME’s/QSE’s utilised in the supply chain (supplier development).
- Procurement from local small and medium suppliers as per a predetermined percentage.
- The number of community initiatives launched.
- Level of transformation integration achieved.