- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
Would you like to continue?
Tree-Top Forest Chalet
Our hideaway in the treetops deep in the unspoilt forest between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay...
Situated in the Harkenville forest,between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay, the chalet is tucked away at the head of a wide valley.
From this hideaway you can absorb the tranquility of an Eden that has remained unchanged for thousands of years.
Bird-watch, botanise or simply observe the changing light in the forest-canopy as the hours pass by.
If you can tear yourself away from the large viewing deck, the comfort of this well appointed self contained chalet is yours to enjoy, you will lack nothing.
Bring your mountain bikes and ride some of the finest tracks in the country.
You may, on the other hand, wish to take a more leisurely stroll along a nearby forest trail.
- The chalet has two double rooms, each with its own bathroom and sleeps four in comfort.
Check-in and Check-out information
- Due to the geographical location of the chalet, clients will have to check- in with a valid proof of payment or confirmation letter at the Garden of Eden by NO LATER than 18h00 or 6 p.m to collect their keys. (The Garden of Eden is situated on N2 between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay.)
- Guests arriving very late pose logistical challenges as the gates and office closes at 18:00.
- The chalet may be occupied at 14:00 on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10:00 on the day of departure.
A community levy of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Bookings can be made online.
- Check availability
- Tel: +27 (0) 44 302 5606
- Fax: +27 (0) 44 302 5627
- Reservations can be made through the SANParks Regional Office at Royal Hotel Building, c/o of Main Street and Queen Street, Knysna.
- Provisional reservations should be confirmed within two weeks by lodging a deposit equivalent to 50% of the total tariff. The balance is due on occupation.
- Payment can be made during office hours at the SANParks Office in Knysna on weekdays (07:30 - 13:00 and 13:45 - 16:00).
- Last-minute reservations are accepted for a minimum of one night.
- Should you arrive late, prior arrangements must be made for the key.