- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Wilderness Ebb-and-Flow Rest Camp
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Activities & Facilities
Recreational Activities & Adventures
- Bathing, rowing, fishing, at Wilderness beach, the Touw River and some of the lakes.
- Water-skiing is restricted to Island Lake and Swartvlei.
- DSTV in a communal area.
- Table tennis in a communal area.
- Volleyball and basket ball.
- Bird hides at Langvlei and Rondevlei.
There are five trails all located in the National Park, all with varying distances and degrees of difficulty.
- Start at the Ebb & Flow Rest Camp (Wilderness Section) and canoe the winding Touw River, which leads to Wilderness beach or gently canoe on the Wilderness Lagoon.
There are two scenic routes for mountain biking. Bikes equipped with child seats are also available.
Whether on a short 10m abseil or a 45m drop next to a roaring waterfall, reach your goals you perceived to be unobtainable.
Fishing is allowed in the following sections of Wilderness Section of the Garden Route National Park - Leentjiesklip, Kleinkrans, Sandhoogte, Swartvlei, Eilandvlei, and Gericke’s Point.
Due to the many different ecosystems within the park ranging from the indigenous forest to the rocky shore, Wilderness Section of the Garden Route National Park has become a bird paradise.
Experience the freedom of paragliding with experienced operators. Please contact Wilderness Eco Tourism for more information or (044) 877 0045.
A community fund of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Many facilities are available in the towns of Wilderness and George.
- There is no shop in the Rest Camp.
- No ATM facility available
- The closest restaurants are in the town of Wilderness – a list is available at Reception.
- No laundromat and dryer facilities - As from April 2011, no more washing machines and tumble dryers will be available at the Ebb & Flow Rest Camp. Guests are urged to make use of the laundry facilities in the Wilderness and George areas.
- Medical doctors, a dentist a pharmacy and the postal agency are available in the town of Wilderness.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?