Activities & Facilities
Recreational Activities & Adventures
- Bathing, rowing, fishing, at Wilderness beach, the Touw River and some of the lakes.
- Water-skiing is restricted to Island Lake and Swartvlei.
- Volleyball and basket ball.
- Bird hides at Langvlei and Rondevlei.
There are five trails all located in the National Park, all with varying distances and degrees of difficulty.
- Start at the Ebb & Flow Rest Camp (Wilderness Section) and canoe the winding Touw River, which leads to Wilderness beach or gently canoe on the Wilderness Lagoon.
Fishing is allowed in the following sections of Wilderness Section of the Garden Route National Park - Leentjiesklip, Kleinkrans, Sandhoogte, Swartvlei, Eilandvlei, and Gericke’s Point.
Due to the many different ecosystems within the park ranging from the indigenous forest to the rocky shore, Wilderness Section of the Garden Route National Park has become a bird paradise.
Experience the freedom of paragliding with experienced operators. Please contact Wilderness Eco Tourism for more information or (044) 877 0045.
A community fund of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Many facilities are available in the towns of Wilderness and George.
- There is no shop in the Rest Camp.
- No ATM facility available
- The closest restaurants are in the town of Wilderness – a list is available at Reception.
- Coin-operated washing machines and tumble dryers are available at the Ebb & Flow Rest Camp.
- Medical doctors, a dentist a pharmacy and the postal agency are available in the town of Wilderness.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.