- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Addo Elephant National Park
Would you like to continue?
The following facilities are available at the main rest camp:
- A lookout platform and an underground hide provide views over a waterhole which is floodlit at night.
- A swimming pool is available for overnight visitors, situated near the chalets.
- A picnic and braai area is available for day visitors overlooking the waterhole in the rest camp.
- A picnic site situated within the botanical reserve in the Main Game Area provides picnic, braai and ablution facilities.
- The SASOL Red Bishop Bird Hide, overlooking a small wetland area.
- The PPC Discovery Trail for short walks where you can learn about the plants and ecology of thicket vegetation. The first loop is accessible to all, including the visually and mobility-impaired.
- A shop selling curios, snacks and basic supplies is open between 08:00 and 18:00 (winter) or 08:00 to 19:00 (summer).
- An al-la-carte restaurant is available in the main camp and is open for all meals from 07:30 to 22:00. Bookings are advisable, especially for dinner. Telephone: +27 (0) 42 233 8674 or email: email@example.com
- A fuel station selling petrol and diesel is available between 07:30 and 16:30.
- There is a public telephone and a post box near the reception. Post is collected for delivery every week day morning before 07:00. A post office is situated in the town of Addo, approximately 15km from the park.
- Credit cards are accepted for payment of accommodation & activities (except for the Alexandria Hiking trail, Zuurberg horse trails, Kabouga accommodation and 4x4 trail), shop purchases and restaurant meals.
- First National Bank with ATM is situated in the town of Addo, 15km from the park. Other banking facilities are located in the town of Kirkwood, 35km from the park and Port Elizabeth, 75km from the park.
Camp Matyholweni does not have restaurant, shop or swimming pool facilities situated at the rest camp. Shop and fuel station facilities are available in the nearby town of Colchester.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The park conserves no less than five of South Africa's seven biomes