- For bookings at Addo Elephant National Park contact Central Reservations. For bookings at Kabouga and Woody Cape, contact Park Reception (Tel: 042 233 8600).
- Have a look at the park map, as well as information on each camp to locate and check in at the correct place.
- All accommodation is serviced and equipped with crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, bedding, towels and soap. Each accommodation unit has a braai area outside.
- Check in time for accommodation is 14:00 on the day of arrival. Check out time on the day of departure is 10:00 for accommodation and 12:00 for the caravan and tent sites.
- Please note that no meals are included in the accommodation rates.
- All our accommodation units have plug points available with a 220V electricity supply. Visitors need to provide their own international adaptors or two-point plug adaptors. The caravan and tent sites also each have a 220v electricity supply point.
- Accommodation is serviced daily between 09:00 and 12:00.
- Sheets will be changed every two to three days and towels will be changed every day. Please do not hesitate to ask our staff for extra soap, towels, blankets, etc.
Addo Elephant National Park offers a range of accommodation types. The list below offers a brief description of what the park offers. For more comprehensive information on accommodation types, including photographs of the facilities and more detail on how the units are equipped, please click on the accommodation unit link.
The popular main rest camp of the park offers a wide variety of accommodation units to suit all tastes and plenty of activities to keep visitors busy. A unique feature is the waterhole lookout point situated inside the camp and which is floodlit at night, as well as the underground hide, allowing close encounters with wildlife at the waterhole.
Spend a night in the middle of the bush, listening to the sounds of the wild around you. You may catch a glimpse of nocturnal animals drinking at the nearby waterhole, gaze at the starry skies and enjoy simply being away from it all. The tents are located in the fenced area of the Spekboom Hide inside the park's game viewing area.
'Matyholweni', which means "in the bush" in Xhosa is located near the coastal village of Colchester at the Sundays River Mouth. Only 3km off the N2 highway, Matyholweni is easily accessible and provides a second gateway into the Park. Amenities such as banks, shops, restaurants and a fuel station are available in the nearby village.
For a secluded experience in a magical forest, spend some time at Narina Bush Camp at the foot of the Zuurberg Mountains and on the banks of the Wit River. The road to Narina is a gravel road of approximately 25 kilometres and even though it is not necessary to have a 4x4 to access it, a high ground clearance vehicle is needed to travel this road.
This section of the park is surrounded by rugged moutains and densely fragrant vegetation.
Situated within the magnificent Alexandria Forest, the two Langebos Huts are popular with birders, those who enjoy escaping to a private destination under a canopy of trees and others who just wish to "get away from it all". Prospective visitors with a special interest in botany, trees, ferns and mushrooms will also delight in using this accommodation as their base from where to explore the forest and the coast. They are booked "simultaneously", meaning visitors have the entire camp to themselves - even if they don't book the second hut.
The Woody Cape Guesthouse is available to hikers on the two-day Alexandria Hiking Trail.
Who said anything about "roughing it" in the bush when visiting one of our national parks? "Indulgence" and "comfort" come to mind when viewing the concession lodges and suites that are to be found in a number of SANParks camps and parks. These lodges form part of a suite of products known as SANParks "Golden Kudus", where luxury is the order of the day.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.
Did You Know?
- The park conserves no less than five of South Africa's seven biomes
Cold and wet
Min: 5°C / Max: 15°C
Hot & Useful Links
Official Guide on Sale
This 52-page full-colour brochure gives the visitor a complete overview of the Park, its fauna and flora, history, new developments, accommodation and activities. Highly recommended! Available from the park directly.