- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Bontebok National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Lang Elsie's Kraal Rest Camp
The Lang Elsie's Kraal restcamp, situated on the banks of the Breede River, is the first rest camp in South African National Parks to be built according to a "Touching the Earth Lightly" design. Named after a Khoe-Khoe Chieftain who lived there with her clan in the 18th century, the camp of 10 units provides pristine scenery of the park, Breede River and Langeberg Mountains - a perfect rest stop for visitors.
41 Camping and Caravan sites are located close to the Breede River - the perfect location to enjoy a little downtime with family or friends. Some sites are equipped with electricity while others are not.
A maximum of six persons per site is allowed. Not all sites are equipped with electrical outlets and no private generators are permitted. Sites can be arranged in either of the following ways (additional vehicles will pay extra):
- One caravan with a side tent and one vehicle;
- One tent and one vehicle;
- One autovilla or motorised caravan.
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
- All accommodation is serviced and fully equipped with crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, bedding, towels and soap.
- Check-in time for accommodation is 14:00 on the day of arrival at Bontebok National Park's Reception between 14:00 to 16:00. Check-out time on the day of departure is 10:00 at the park reception. No after-hours check-ins are permitted.
- All units are self-catering.
- Sheets and towels will be changed every three days.
- Guests should bring their own wood.
- The fridge-freezer combination, geysers and stove are all gas operated.
- Electricity in the house is provided by solar energy. There are no points or plugs for electric equipment and guests are requested to use lights sparingly.
- Tap water comes from a well-point and is safe to drink.
Ready to Book?
After a once-off registration, you can: Book New Reservations, Review Existing Reservations (amend or cancel, download PDF letters, pay outstanding amounts), Update Your Profile, etc.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The Hessekwa traded with the first Dutch settlers who landed in Cape Town in 1652