- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Augrabies Falls National Park
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
Road/Facility closures & accessible areas for Augrabies
Date: 20th June 2011
There have been many facility closures as well as one road closure due to the recent flooding at the Augrabies Falls National Park.
The following facilities are available:
- The road into the scenic area, including the three lookout points overlooking the river namely Oranjekom, Ararat and Echo Corner are open for day drives.
- ALL ROADS into the game area are ACCESSIBLE although the game area for sedan vehicles is open up to Oranjekom lookout point (including Arrarat- and Moonrock lookout point). From Oranjekom only 4x4 vehicles are allowed.
- Boardwalks leading to only THREE of the six lookout decks are still open for visitors. Following the river course, decks 1-2-4 are closed due to flood damage.
Visitors should wear appropriate footwear as the rocks can be slippery when wet.
We will keep you informed of the latest developments.