Veterinary services department is responsible for:
Coordination of research on wildlife disease and their impact on human livelihoods, wildlife itself, and livestock
Implementation of wildlife capture and translocation programs with the aim of
- Reintroducing populations into national parks
- Enhancing the conservation status of rare and threatened species
- Controlling over-abundant wildlife populations to avert the threats of habitat degradation and loss of biodiversity
- Generating revenue for SANParks through wildlife sales
- Enhancing breeding projects involving valuable and rare species.
Building capacity in the veterinary and wildlife capture fields, particularly in persons from historically disadvantaged population groups.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Is anyone going to Kruger via Malelane?
Posted by: Karin Mitton on 6th May 2015
Posted by: penolva on 6th May 2015
- Not a Travel Tale
Posted by: Hugh on 6th May 2015