Just inland from the secluded harbour of Saldanha Bay, and only 1,5 hour's drive from Cape Town's City Centre, one finds the azure waters of the Langebaan Lagoon, focal point of the West Coast National Park.
Sit back, relax and admire the azure blue lagoon from the porch of this exclusive self-catering cottage,situated near Churchaven. Within walking distance of the lagoon, it is a fully equipped self-catering cottage that can sleep eight (8) people, with an open plan living area and kitchen. There are braai facilities on the front porch and in the back yard.View more information...
Housed in a beautifully restored Cape Dutch homestead, Geelbek Restaurant serves a range of delicious, traditional dishes which portray a rich local history enriched by Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Italian and Malay influences. Their pumpkin pie is a must! Geelbek Restaurant stimulates all five senses when it comes to 'plating up' West Coast and South African cuisine.
A short drive out of Cape Town and one happens across the jewel that is the West Coast National Park. Against the backdrop of the azure blue lagoon, white dunes, rare fynbos, green wetlands and unbounded waves, there is much to experience. A paradise for hikers, cyclists & mountain bikers, birders and nature-lovers alike...Come to West Coast National Park and explore, discover and relax.
Where To Stay
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Joanne's Beach Cottage:
Please note that there is currently construction underway next to Jo-annes beach cottage in the Park. Please bear with us as there may be some noise between 09h00am and 17h00pm daily. WCNP apologises for the inconvenience, the construction is estimated to be finalised by the end of January 2017.
Road Works on the R27 Trunk Road / West Coast Road
Due to the current road works on the R27 Trunk Road/West Coast Road stop-and-go measures are in place. These cause delays and visitors to the West Coast National Park should allow an additional one hour travel time to reach the Park gates before closing time (currently 18:30).
- Read more about the work done by the SANParks Honorary Rangers of the West Coast Region on the Heritage Blog.
- Remember to bring along bathing suit, angling equipment, hat, sun block, walking shoes, camera, binoculars, bird and mammal reference books.
- Water sport enthusiasts should acquaint themselves with local conditions and boating and angling regulations.
- Due to the recreational zoning of the park some water sports are restricted to certain areas. Please adhere to regulations.
- No alcohol is permitted in any of the public areas such as picnic and braai sites as well as on beaches and around the lagoon.
- Kraalbaai Beach and Information Centre
- Picnic/braai area at Tsaarsbank
- Geelbek Visitors Centre
- Hiking at Geelbek - Strandveld Trails
- Eve's Footprint and Trail
- Bird watching
- Flower Season
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Sunny< br>Min: 13°C / Max: 24°C