People with disabilities
- View the accessibily features overview for Tankwa Karoo National Park, as featured in the Rolling Inspiration magazine.
- Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility
All units within Tankwa National Park are spacious for easy access by wheelchair, with one of the Elandsberg Wilderness Camp Cottages specifically designed to accommodate mobility-impaired guests. However, please feel free to contact the Park Office with your specific requirements.
Elandsberg Wilderness Camp:
The unit is accessible to the mobility challenged. The cottage features one bedroom with a double bed and a queen-sized sleeper-couch in the living room. It also includes a bathroom, fireplace, fully-equipped kitchen, living area, outside braai facilities and a splash pool. Candle or lantern lighting is provided.
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
Accessible Activities & Facilities
As per the accessibility features overview for Tankwa Karoo National Park, featured in the Rolling Inspiration magazine.
- The Park's reception offices and information centre has a ramped entrance and an accessible toilet.
- The Park's main attraction is scenery and photography done from the confines of one's own vehicle.
- The Gannaga Pass offers some breathtaking mountain desert scenery.
- It is one of the richest and most threatened reservoirs of plant and animal life on earth and the only arid region recognised globally as a biodiversity hotspot.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?